HT Owners: What are your favorite movies or clips to show off your Home Theater

I'll probably get laughed at but I like the openeing explosion of Swordfish and I have an NVidia HDTV demo that looks killer from my HTPC.

Band of Brothers, is excellent for surround.
Beginning of Superman Returns
Cars
King Kong
Bad Boys II

For good sub demos:
Finding Nemo, submarine sliding off underwater shelf
Finding Nemo, Darla tapping on the fish tank glass
The Butterfly Effect
War of the Worlds

ID4 early on when they show the Apollo 11 tranquility base site and the ship flys over...
long_time_DNC said:
Oh yeah! That scene can ruin a really good sub
How about the part at the beginning of First Contact where Picard is listening to music and Riker walks in?
New add to the list: Eagles Farewell Tour HD DVD...

:D Yeah, I had to replace the drivers in my twin downward-firing 12" subs once also. A little mistake on calibration of the LFE setting on my Denon A/V pre-amp several years ago (my fault), killed the drivers. I replaced them with a pair of far beefier drivers and much more carefully calibrated the LFE setting. They've sounded fantastic ever since. :)

The sound of a dying woofer (or woofers) is a sad, painful thing...

Put in one of these buttkicker kits and save your sub. You won't ever have to over-drive your sub again. Works quite well!

8257k.jpg

Kong in HD DVD DD+ 5.1 when it comes out in November. I suspect it will be reference quality.

Agree with Kong. Even on regular DVD there are few movies that envelop you in surround sound the way that jungle scenes do. I think subtle effects are far more impressive when showing off sound equipment than bombastic explosions and action which are typically too loud to be directionally distinguishable. However if that is your thing, Kong has that too.

Another great reference is the Planet Earth series. Picture and surround are exceptional.

Not quite the same as you guys are talking about, but throw in the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD on DTS...shows it off in a different way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)