HTC touch pro Verizon

I am waiting for RIM to come out with the Blackberry Magnum.....This will have the touch display like the storm but the full querty keyboard like the Bold. Which is going to be awesome. I have heard a rumor that Verizon Wireless may be getting this phone, I do know Verizon is getting the Niagra very soon. That will be a nice upgrade to the Blackberry!

As far as the Touch Pro. I really like it. I don't have it. but I have used it and love it. Just alittle pricy right now for my taste!

The battery life kinda sucked for the first week now that I've been using it for a couple of weeks its great now.

NGRz is GSM only ROM right? I know they xbmod (or whatever his name is) released some new fixes to the TF3D2 the other day. I'm sticking with MightyMike's ROMs...the most stable and fastest I've played with. I'll just wait until he comes out with the TF3D2 one.

xboxmod is the one releasing the TF3D updates. NRG gets his updates from him directly before they go public, then releases his ROM with the changes as soon as xboxmod goes public. So many people have asked him to do a CDMA version that he's considering it, from what I've read in the thread.

My battery life has actually been getting better for some reason. I use it the same amount and by the end of the day now I have about 40% battery left.

I played with Merdin's beta one a couple of weeks ago. Still too many bugs at that time. Waiting for MightyMike to come out with one as I found his ROMs to be very stable and battery life is awesome! Been taking the phone off the charger around 630am and even at 5pm I still have 70 percent battery left with general usage of voice, email, web, and text through the day.

Shouldn't be long now..... fresh off XDA... should be lots of new roms with TF3D in the next 24 to 36 hours.

Well.. GREAT news everybody. The Topaz 21042 build ROM SHIPPED version (as in.... FINAL!) has been posted (RUU_Topaz_HTC_WWE_1.39.405.2_Radio_Signed_Topaz_61 .20t.25.10_3.43.25.19_Ship.exe - xda-developers).

Talking to xboxmod he says every single bug in Manila has been fixed!!!! He's working on porting it properly now You know what this means right ? NEW RELEASE based on a FINAL build of the 21042 core
I don't know about you all, but I'm excited to cook it Most likely tonite, if not... tomorrow for sure.

Shouldn't be long now..... fresh off XDA... should be lots of new roms with TF3D in the next 24 to 36 hours.

Well.. GREAT news everybody. The Topaz 21042 build ROM SHIPPED version (as in.... FINAL!) has been posted (RUU_Topaz_HTC_WWE_1.39.405.2_Radio_Signed_Topaz_61 .20t.25.10_3.43.25.19_Ship.exe - xda-developers).

Talking to xboxmod he says every single bug in Manila has been fixed!!!! He's working on porting it properly now You know what this means right ? NEW RELEASE based on a FINAL build of the 21042 core
I don't know about you all, but I'm excited to cook it Most likely tonite, if not... tomorrow for sure.

I think that just brought a tear to my eye ;)

Looks like touch pro 2 is coming soon as I just went to the verizon store to swtich my storm for either the omnia or touch pro and the touch pro was gone, I left without making a decision but it seems as though I am going to have to go with omnia as the touch pro 2 will be out after my 30 days is up for exchange.

:) tuesday I get my touch pro back, while I will miss things about blackberry, I cant wait to get my mighty mike rom back! whats everyone using nowadays? now lets just hope this touch pro can hold up for two years as thats when my next upgrade is due.

I've been using the Mighty Rom 6 lately. I was back and forth between it and the Energy Rom.

I am thinking that the TP2 will not be worth an upgrade unless I get it for a song from sprint. My pro is holding up just fine.

:) tuesday I get my touch pro back, while I will miss things about blackberry, I cant wait to get my mighty mike rom back! whats everyone using nowadays? now lets just hope this touch pro can hold up for two years as thats when my next upgrade is due.

Been playing with a few... MighyROM6 works great and looks great after I load a few UI tweaks. EnergyROM is a good one too. Been playing with Pskyi(or however you spell it). Loaded Merdin's ROM last night for the hell of it...wanted to check out their claim on battery life. Pretty awesome battery life. Loaded at around 9pm before I went to Bourbon St, last night. Had 90% and almost 12 hours later it is still 90%. I didn't use the phone much at all though.

Been playing with a few... MighyROM6 works great and looks great after I load a few UI tweaks. EnergyROM is a good one too. Been playing with Pskyi(or however you spell it). Loaded Merdin's ROM last night for the hell of it...wanted to check out their claim on battery life. Pretty awesome battery life. Loaded at around 9pm before I went to Bourbon St, last night. Had 90% and almost 12 hours later it is still 90%. I didn't use the phone much at all though.

whats your mail settings? and wow that is impressive especially for winmo, wonder what tweaks they did to get that, I will be looking at that rom....my only concern is since i Have the vzw touch pro is watching the page pool size when the rom is installed as that is where I ran into all my problems before.

I'm using the SsS-0300 betas. Very nice on my sprint TP. I'm also getting Sashimi config'd so that the flash-a-holic in me doesn't have to do as much work.

If you've got a verizon TP, remember that they gimped the memory, so make sure you get a rom with the smaller PP, or set it.

whats your mail settings? and wow that is impressive especially for winmo, wonder what tweaks they did to get that, I will be looking at that rom....my only concern is since i Have the vzw touch pro is watching the page pool size when the rom is installed as that is where I ran into all my problems before.

I didn't have any mail settings setup at that time. I didn't set them up until Sunday morning. My ultimate test will be on Monday as I know exactly how it performs at work during the day.

FYI on the Merdin battery life...

Phone left the charger at 6:30 am. Casual web usage during the day, lunch time, breaks, etc. RSS feed checks a few times. Exchange server push mail setup, IMAP mail pulling every 2 hours, 10-15 texts back and forth (on vibrate and low volume), 5 or 6 phone calls, one longer 20-25 minute call after 5pm on the road. As of 10pm I'm around 40% or so. Not the best I've seen but definitely not the worst. But if it makes it through the day for me I'm happy. I'm always around a charger at work, and charging via USB doesn't take long at all so I'm never worried about battery life. I have 2 extra stock batteries (from exchanges) but I never use them.

At work I have an okay signal. I'm using the 1.12.34(I think)..it's the latest Sprint radio.

I could pull the battery life a bit more as I have a tweaked PRL that prevents my phone from searching for EVDO all the time on the primary channel. Our EVDO here actually comes from Alltel on a secondary search channel. So the phone checks the primary every so often. In my tweaked one I removed the 5 or 6 EVDO channels it searches and left only one we have EVDO on here. I did the same thing on the 1X voice/text side. I update my PRL when traveling and since I was out of town I haven't loaded my "home" PRL again.

I haven't gotten quite as indepth as digi on the tweaks, but the one thing I did that made a big difference in battery life for me was changing from the stock sprint radio to the updated Verizon radio. Signal was much better. Even the updated sprint radio's don't seem to be as nice as the Verizon radio. I estimate it increased my battery life by about 15%.

cant decide what rom to go with,but in the end it will probably be mighty mikes with titanium and manillia (sp?) all in one, plus it seems to be the most stable with the only problem being typing lag. The thing that sucks is the Tp2 is coming out and people are moving on to it and wont develop for the TP anymore, I just got this so it will be at LEAST a year before I get another phone..lets hope they get some update 6.5 files on it and maybe even a stable windows 7 file :)

cant decide what rom to go with,but in the end it will probably be mighty mikes with titanium and manillia (sp?) all in one, plus it seems to be the most stable with the only problem being typing lag. The thing that sucks is the Tp2 is coming out and people are moving on to it and wont develop for the TP anymore, I just got this so it will be at LEAST a year before I get another phone..lets hope they get some update 6.5 files on it and maybe even a stable windows 7 file :)

Some of the ROMs fixed the texting typing lag by removing the counter of the number of characters.

Usually ROMs that have Manilla(TF3D) interface also have the Titanium behind it. Just load one ROM and play with it a few days then do the same with others.

I think the next ROM I'll play with is dcd's kitchen. He makes some awesome base files to build off, and I'll make my own custom thing again like I used to for my Mogul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts