Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Which looks better to yall, HD with DVI or HD with Component with the HTL-HD?

When I had Voom I had it hooked up with DVI and I noticed graininess on the picture on the HD channels. I now have the HTL-HD box from Directv and the graininess is still there just not as much. My TV is an RCA D52W20.

I have it currently hooked up with DVI. Would component look better?

I am using component video with a Monster Series 3 cable and it is as clean as can be. What kind of TV do you have?

I remember reading something in the Hughes manual about signal quality or is it preference ??
1. DVI
2. RGB
3. component

Because of the way I have it all set up, I use RGB on both of my HTL-HD's

My TV doesn't have an RGB (15-pin) interface, just DVI and Component.

Neither does mine ... there is no RGB interface on these units, only DVI, component,S-Video, RCA and Coax. I think he is referring to his TV ;)

Either way, to answer your question the component hook-ups should be brilliant, I know mine are! I have a 55" Samsung WS RPTV

Nope there is a RGB connection check this link of the manual to see a picture of what I mean on page 21. I use the RGB connection on my 42" Sampo plasma since it gives me a higher resolution over the DVI on my particular tv (I guess its the early DVI, dunno why but the picture is clearer)

On my other system from the Hughes I use RGB into a Inline IN3252HR which is a high res. distribution amplifier which splits the signal one to my 65" Mitsu. & the other goes around 75ft to my NEC projector in my garage.

I know the receiver as an RGB connection, but what I was talking about was my TV does not.

Neutron, I was replying to Slacker about his no RGB comment.
DVI all the way if you can use it use it just don't forget to toggle that switch on the rear. Actually you can do what I did to see the difference connect both component & DVI then just toggle between the two but if your TV has DVI connection I'd use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)