Status
Please reply by conversation.

James

2004 NL MVP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030910/dcw001_1.html
Hughes Network Systems, Inc. (HNS), the world's leading provider of satellite broadband solutions with its DIRECWAY® service, announced today that it has joined the Wi-Fi Alliance, a nonprofit organization formed to certify interoperability of IEEE 802.11 products and to promote Wi-Fi as the global, wireless LAN standard across all market segments.
"The goals of the Wi-Fi Alliance are strategically aligned with HNS' objective of delivering interoperable Wi-Fi Internet access solutions," said Pradeep Kaul, executive vice president of HNS. "Our Wi-Fi Access utilizes the nationwide DIRECWAY® system as a backbone, complementing the terrestrial coverage of both 2.5 and 3G cellular carriers and other Wi-Fi hot spot providers. We encourage inter-working of HNS-powered hot spots with those of others."
I'm not sure this is much of a benefit for end users, but a sucessful DIRECWAY service would mean less cost for the end user. Now if they could just add built in WiFi to all the recievers so they wouldn't have to make a call and to the DVR so I can get the HMO, I'd be a happy customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)