HWS SW Version SW335

landis

Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
San tan Valley
Got the latest Hopper W/sling software. It royally screwed things up. Now I can transfer OTA to EHD but most new OTA recordings are unwatchable, shows error code 04. One of the 2 that was watchable was short. All OTA recordings (good and bad) showed they had been watched when they hadn't been.
Also ,with latest software (335) HDMI sound drops out often when changing channels and fast forwarding, requiring reboot or unplugging and re- plugging cable . This happened intermittently on vers 330 but now, almost constantly.
If they're going to update it why can't they make sure everything works before releasing it ?

Welcome.

Unplug your receiver for a minute or so and replug it in. Check OTA USB connection as well as the coax feed. Try putting the dongle flat. Do not let it put any strain on the USB connector.

I have noticed my OTA recordings are saying 100% watched when they aren't. No biggie, just pick "start over."

If they waited until everything worked for everybody, nothing would ever get released. Sad, but that's what it's come to, and not just with Dish.

Navy chop, thanks for the advice but I've done all that to no avail. Before latest update OTA worked fine except transfer to EHD.
Any advice on HDMI sound drops ? Seems like one upgrade makes it better while the next one screws it up again.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard very little about Hopper HDMI problems. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in.

And perhaps someone knows more about the error code 04. I think it indicates a corrupted file, but not how it got that way. Related info here, but not sure how current it is.

How long were the OTA recordings set for? 4 or more hours? What is your inactive standby set to? Default is 2; perhaps 6 would be better for you.

Right now, I'm going to go set an OTA recording and see if I have similar problems. That would be double ungood.

Also, is your receiver plugged into a UPS? Power spikes and sags can cause similar problems.

Receiver is plugged into UPS . I've changed standby to 8 hrs. It was set to!4 so we'll see . The recordings that were unwatchable were set to 1/2 hr ea .
I sure hope someone figures out a solution for the HDMI sound. As I said before , with S330 I rarely had sound drops but now ( w S 335 ) it happens almost constantly. With S228 sound dropouts were also really bad.
Thanks for your advice on these problems. It's really appreciated.

I'm wondering if you have a hardware problem. I have asked DIRT to assist.

A PM is a private message. I will have a moderator remove your phone number to protect your information. Click on my name in red and "send private message" will be an option

Hi Matt, how do I send a private note ?

You now have 5 posts and I believe you can PM.

Left click on MattG@ DISH NETWORK next to his dish avatar. You should see "Private Message" as an option and can take it from there.

The only thing I see that 335 "fixed" was turning off CC using Yellow-3. Alas turning it on now requires extra steps to go past the CC options :(

What still hasn't been fixed is:

1) "Hole" in second item of custom folders menu when you go to Edit a recording and want to change the custom folder. Seems all the other screens that allow for folder changes got it right.
2) Removal of all info on the icons in My Folders content listing. When you have several of the same shows and you are in the middle of watching some of them you have no idea which one it is at a glance.

Still very disappointed in Dish and will not be recommending them to anyone.

I've heard very little about Hopper HDMI problems. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in.

And perhaps someone knows more about the error code 04. I think it indicates a corrupted file, but not how it got that way. Related info here, but not sure how current it is.

How long were the OTA recordings set for? 4 or more hours? What is your inactive standby set to? Default is 2; perhaps 6 would be better for you.

Right now, I'm going to go set an OTA recording and see if I have similar problems. That would be double ungood.

Thanks for the error code chart. I see code 346 that I got a couple days ago when my Joey temp was too cold to fire up. Didn't Dish use to have a web site in support section that you could check the code you got on a receiver or was it an EchoStar site?

The only thing I see that 335 "fixed" was turning off CC using Yellow-3. Alas turning it on now requires extra steps to go past the CC options :(

What still hasn't been fixed is:

1) "Hole" in second item of custom folders menu when you go to Edit a recording and want to change the custom folder. Seems all the other screens that allow for folder changes got it right.
2) Removal of all info on the icons in My Folders content listing. When you have several of the same shows and you are in the middle of watching some of them you have no idea which one it is at a glance.

Still very disappointed in Dish and will not be recommending them to anyone.

Disappointed too. Simply because while that "hole" problem is not the most devastating thing in the world, it shows a lack of attention to problems. You and I are not the only ones with this true programming problem (and not a wish list feature) and it's been like this for many, many months.

I also am soooo disappointed with Dish breaking the HDMI off process. I was so happy they fixed the HDMI control for turning on Hopper and TV with the Dish power button and then Hopper and TV off with TV power button. One button push. Simple, clean. Now the TV power button will not immediately turn off the Hopper. And if it eventually does turn Hopper off, it's way too long.

"...Didn't Dish use to have a web site in support section that you could check the code you got on a receiver or was it an EchoStar site?"

Not that I recall. But I've generally found better info at non Dish/Echostar sites.

"...Didn't Dish use to have a web site in support section that you could check the code you got on a receiver or was it an EchoStar site?"

Not that I recall. But I've generally found better info at non Dish/Echostar sites.

I recall seeing it in the Dish site someplace bunch of years ago. You would type in your code and it would come back and tell you what it met.

Dish Alignment Issue

LNBF Upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)