HWS w/ (2) 211Ks

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Currently I have a VIP 722K and (2) 211Ks in the house which I own all equipment. I also have a DPP44 installed. I thinking about buying a HWS and Solo Node to replace just the 722K and keep the both 211Ks on my account.
First off I heard that you are allowed up to 2 211Ks, is this true without hassle? Secondly, if true I would be running two lines from DPP44 to Solo node and then a single line from the HOST port on the node to the HWS. I believe I have to put a 75 ohm terminator on the client port of the solo node? My 2 remaining ports out of the DPP44 would be going to my 211Ks as they are now..
Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks, Gerry

ps: I do not want any Joeys since I already own both of the 211Ks and use one of them in summer for camping.

Use port #1 on the DPP44 with the power inserter for one of the 211's. Nodes don't like lines with power inserters.

Other than that it sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! One of my 211Ks is on the power insert now. Any thoughts on having (2) 211Ks on account with hopper?
Thanks again, Gerry

Use port #1 on the DPP44 with the power inserter for one of the 211's. Nodes don't like lines with power inserters.

Other than that it sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! One of my 211Ks is on the power insert now. Any thoughts on having (2) 211Ks on account with hopper?
Thanks again, Gerry

Should be no problem at all. If they ask tell them they're in your RV. ;)

When I left Dish last year, it was up to 2 purchased 211 family receivers. I have heard rumors about up to 3, but have never been able to verify it. So you should have absolutely no problem.

The 211K limit on a Hopper account is 2, and as Chad said they must be purchased or owned.

Couple more questions if I may- will the 722 & Hopper support a small (2.5") external drive w/o it's own power supply? Or do I have to buy a self powered drive in order to get my recorded shows off the 722? Can I also assume that the drive can be moved to the Hopper w/o it trying to format it?
Thanks again, Gerry

It does not support non powered drives, but folks here say theirs works with a powered hub. You can transfer as long as they are on the same account

It does not support non powered drives, but folks here say theirs works with a powered hub. You can transfer as long as they are on the same account
Thanks for the quick reply!!! Figured it was that way of course since I have one that won't work and have to buy one that will- oh well .

You could buy a powered hub and hope for the best. As mentioned, there are a few users that go outside the realm of supported, and experience no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)