I am fed up with 622 rebooting 3 times a day!

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Have one of the first run 622's from last March. Worked flawlessly until they newest firmware upgrade. Now in the middle of watching tv at least 3 times a day it will freeze up black picture and high pitched his on my LCD and then takes about 5 minutes to re-boot back up, find satellite (signal is strong on all sats) and come back on.

If you look at my DVR recordings you can see half hour shows split a couple times a day from this re-boot.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have extended warrenty. Maybe I should call for replacement?

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Mine also reboots 2 or 3 times a day. Tech support simply tells me "we are addressing a software problem" but hey that doesn't help. Why are they treading water on this issue? I suspect they really DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO and we have no answer when they indicate they know about it. I am going to call back and INSIST they replace my 622 and keep on replacing them until it either works or they do something about it.

Why have we not seen something about this that's meaningful? Get on the stick Charlie!!!

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
It sounds more like a hardware problem to me. Ya'll are both on the West Coast, Do you have dedicated dishes for 129 ?

I hooked up my third 622 last week, turned it on and...............nothing, It would not even boot up!!! After 10 years I think it's time to try out the competition.

Anyone know if the DirecTv HD DVR has similar problems??????

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
This happens on 119, 110, or 129. Mostly 119 with a signal that peaks the meter on all transponders. Never happened until newest firmware upgrade downloaded. I am going to demand swap today.

srbsrbsrb2000

Jul 14, 2005
I am having the same problem with my 622 and I live on Long Island in New York so I don;t think it is a 129 problem since I point to 61.5.

I also received one of the first 622's and I installed mine two days after they were released. The reboot problem happened also when they updated the software a year ago, then it went away once the software was stabilized. I started getting the reboots as soon as the receiver loaded 4.01. This is definitely a software problem. I only watch TV about 2 hours a night, and need to reboot 2 or 3 times since the software was updated. I have not seen a complete program in weeks. Sometimes the receiver takes as long as 12 minutes to reset. I have been a Dish network everything pack subscriber for 8 years and I can not beleive Dish has the nerve to charge $125 a month for services that you can not watch because they have a software problem that tech support just dances around. This issue plus their inability to reach an agreement with the YES network will send me back to cable once my contract with Dish is up.

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
And I thought MS-Windows was bad. I had a 211 before, the constant have to Front Panel Reset drove me crazy. I had talked to a CSR and told them I didn't want the 211 anymore because of the FPR issue, she said I was under contract and had to keep it. I lost it at that point, I was then able to return it at no additional fee/contract, etc.

The consistent software issues is pathedic.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
"The consistent software issues is pathedic."

I have to agree with you. This is just getting ridiculous. They've broken the 5xx receivers and they were solid receivers. The 625 was always a problem free receiver but not anymore, they figured a way to break it too. The 211s and 622s have never been solid receivers, there's always a bug that is annoying enough to keep people complaining and with new software updates they keep adding bugs.

They should concentrate on fixing the problems and then add features to the receivers.

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
My 622 never reboots - I push it hard and have OTA attached as well. If it is rebooting multiple times a day, get it replaced.

Go to your diagnostics and tell me what your Smart Drive value is and also what your average temperature is.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Yeah sounds more like you have a bad receiver just call Dish have them send you a free replacement.

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
Sorry, I don't think it's hardware!

Poke wrote...
Yeah sounds more like you have a bad receiver just call Dish have them send you a free replacement.
8bitbytes wrote...
My 622 never reboots - I push it hard and have OTA attached as well. If it is rebooting multiple times a day, get it replaced.

Please believe me when I say you two are lucky. It is clearly the software that is to blame here.

Many, many of us (622 users) are having a horrible time that started when Dish 'upgraded' us to L4.01. Constant reboots, random OTA issues, lost signal problems, choppy fast forward and rewind, lost locks, etc.

We don't yet 'know' what is causing the problems, however, it simply cannot be coincidence that makes so many previously perfectly functioning units turn into 'hardware from hell' the very day the software is updated. If you look, you will see very many people reporting issues that are time concurrent with the software release. Did ALL of our units suddenly develop 'hardware' issues? I think not.

Dish needs to get on the ball here - my wife is ready to go to cable and we only have analog here!

Regards,
Jeff

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
Software, hardware.... why sit on a busted receiver? There and many more receivers out there with the new updates that work fine, some even better than before. Trade it in ASAP and don't worry about where to assign blame or where the ball is and why Dish is not on it.

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I have 2 622's working great, had a 625 and a 510 or 511 that worked great too. All of my receivers have been good except the 811, and it took about 10 months before it was stable.

Want really unstable, go cable and a Moto DVR or Direct TV's new DVR. If it's rebooting 3 times a day, time for a replacement.

Super Dave

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Now that mine has the new software it is rebooting. I was toward the end of watching 24 and at 10PM when the show finished recording the picture froze and rebooted. I had 11 minutes left to watch. When I tried to FF to the 11 minute mark it was a mess. Any FFing faster than 4X was a jumped jumbled mess, not smooth at all. The box was great until the new software hit last Thursday. Boo Dish!

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Well like someone alread pointed out some receivers take the new updates fine others dont. It seems like a certain batch of receivers are having issues with the new update. I would make not of the part # of the receiver and make sure Dish does not send you a similar one when they send your replacement.

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 1, 2004
Now that mine has the new software it is rebooting. I was toward the end of watching 24 and at 10PM when the show finished recording the picture froze and rebooted. I had 11 minutes left to watch. When I tried to FF to the 11 minute mark it was a mess. Any FFing faster than 4X was a jumped jumbled mess, not smooth at all. The box was great until the new software hit last Thursday. Boo Dish!

I still can't watch the Friday Nights season finale because it freezes and reboots every 10 minutes.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok Kaydigi I will PM you someone to E-mail about your issue and I would ask about getting a replacement one sent to you. Also if this has been going on awhile you might ask about getting some kind of credit. Check your PM!

Super Dave

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
I still can't watch the Friday Nights season finale because it freezes and reboots every 10 minutes.

I was just watching The Shield, which is SD, and it kept stuttering back, deja vu like, about 4 times during the show. Weird, but at least I could watch it. It is weird, the box seems to moody lately, PMSing I guess. My OTA has been great, I have a Channel Master CM 4228 in my attic and being 15 miles from the Tower has strength at 100 for the big networks.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok Kaydigi I PM you some information give that a try. Super Dave PM is on the way. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts