I am fed up with 622 rebooting 3 times a day!

Another reliability tip:

Get a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply, aka "Battery Backup") for your satellite receivers.

These have two big advantages:

- Prevents loss of recordings when the Power Company decides to turn off everyone's power for 10 seconds, in order to switch major equipment. Of course, they sometimes decide to do this during your favorite show.:(

- And, more relevant to this thread, over the years, the anecdotal evidence in satellite forums is that people experience less hardware failures when their receivers are plugges into a UPS. Undoubtedly, this would be due to the power being filtered, thus leading to the conclusion that some satellite receivers instabilities are caused by power fluctuations.

Note that a small UPS with only a short amount of "backup time" will do just fine for the above, and you can get a good quality brand name UPS for $30 if you choose a smaller one.

Recieved my protection plan replacement 622 yesterday. Suprisingly it came as a NEW replacement. Funny as the model end in "D"> I would have thought it would have been newer. It does have the HDMI logo on back that my C did not have. Plus the warning. Reciever seems to have better graphics the my old first release one. The problem with reboot seems to have gone away!

The one thing I will tell you that they will say its caused by is if you use a surge protector. The Tech said its a know issue with 622 and cheap surge protectors. I use a battery backup protector so he sent me a new reciever. Was very nice about it. Got it in 2 days from call.

I've noticed 3 or 4 times over the last week my 622 going blank and rebooting. So I agree there is probably a software issue, since I now have 4.03.

I've noticed 3 or 4 times over the last week my 622 going blank and rebooting. So I agree there is probably a software issue, since I now have 4.03.

4.03 came out nearly 1 month ago - what happened the two previous weeks before last week?

Looking to buy a DishNetwork package

Pocketdish to DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts