I baught the 29 dollar movie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't spend that kind of money either when the DVD release is a month away. I'm sure the film industry has dictated a minimum price Directv must charge. I question the business decision to try to sell a luxury like that in this kind of economy. While a lot are saying that it's cheaper than going to the movies, have you asked yourself how many people are skipping movies altogether due to finances? It's hard for me to justify spending $100+/month on Directv, without adding another $30 for a movie.

Honestly if you really take a deep dive into the numbers; that most people that are skipping the movies now likely were before as well or were right on the cusp of needing too; the ones that were riding a very fine line the last 2 or 3 years or payday to payday. Although prices are up a tad on a few things I "need" the fact is the economy has been good to me these last few years.. Economy is all relative to one's situation and how they were prepared or not; many people never take a look forward to see where things are headed versus their situations and thus the issues; they are all about being reactionary and by that time is way too late. They can't even withstand one "setback" and then they are too in the hole as it were.

I should have added that I get your point and understand everyone has differing ideas on what is a deal and what is not and was is needed or not, etc; that's all I am saying.

Last edited:
So my two young girls had a friend for
A sleepover.
With all I have to watch they begged me for "adjustment bureau".
I said only a crazy person would spend that much for a movie.

I'm crazy!!!

Quality was outstanding and movie was great!!
Hey lern!
You could have showed them something from MonstersHD if you had it recorded on an old DVR that you owned from back in the day. Oh well, glad you liked it and yes, I have joined the club here now as well.

I use to pay $50 for wrestling PPV's back a few years ago ;)
Ice man:
You look like you could have been the star attraction! LOL

AMC theater in Kent, WA, has a matinee (before noon) price of $6.00 for first run movies. There is also a 'cheap' theater here that has $2 movies. Right now, they have the Adjustment Bureau, Battle LA, Arthur, etc.

My Daughter goes there with her friends and they'll watch two movies sometimes. So that's like watching a movie for a buck.

I guess I would prefer watching a movie at home instead of in a 'cheap' run down theater. But $29 still seems steep to me. I will never pay $29 for a ppv movie. I'd rather wait another month or so and buy it on Blu.

To each their own,but for me $30 for a movie is just too much period.$15 which is double regular ppv movies should be plenty.Would like to see it work but the movie companies will keep the prices too inflated for the average family.

lern4483 said:
So my two young girls had a friend for
A sleepover.
With all I have to watch they begged me for "adjustment bureau".
I said only a crazy person would spend that much for a movie.

I'm crazy!!!

Quality was outstanding and movie was great!!

Curiosity ... how long did it take to dl; could you start almost immediately when you ordered it?

Also, it would be interesting if the actual numbers of ordering new movies was released.

Hey lern!
You could have showed them something from MonstersHD if you had it recorded on an old DVR that you owned from back in the day. Oh well, glad you liked it and yes, I have joined the club here now as well.

Ice man:
You look like you could have been the star attraction! LOL

Hey Yes 616,

Hows the weather in upstate New York? Those winters were rough!
I wish I still had those Monster HD recordings.
I was not tech savvy enough to think of putting them on a hard drive.
All my recordings left when I got upgraded my 622 to the 722.

Still nothing like those Voom channels. Still missing them today.

So you completely left dish???

I have both direc and dish. I enjoy them both!

Curiosity ... how long did it take to dl; could you start almost immediately when you ordered it?

Also, it would be interesting if the actual numbers of ordering new movies was released.

No download or buffer. It came in immediately. However, it was glitchy at first. Had to call direct to resend some signal.
Also after movie I had trouble viewing again. Message 900 was showing on screen. Direc said they needed to send a new software download? huh?
Strange since my software was up to date.

Movie had issues playing on main tv. Living room, where I rented to watch. However, my two other dvrs played it back fine.
Just plain weird.

$29 for one ppv movie, and people here are saying it's a good deal? You got to be kidding me. I thought $4.95 was too much. No wonder they charge so much. People actually pay it, and are happy about it.

The movie adjustment bureau came in on my new set 1080p. Spectacular picture.
I'll tell you it's not expensive if you factor in 3 girls and two adults.
Plus food.
I'm not saying do it all the time. But for an alternative to going to the movies.
It worked very well and the girls loved it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts