I HATE CABLE, but this is cool

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like that idea. Works on my amazon account. Only issues I see, is the Live tv pause rewind issue. How can it be done without a hard drive?

Perhaps that is the whole point, to control the ad content.

This is long overdue. I would imagine it doesn't save it online, it just makes is more like VOD. Instead of having millions of the same copy on everyones DVR HDD, it links to a copy and possibly downloads it when start playing it.

no commercial skipping.. one might wonder that they would disable a 30-second skip forward if supported at all. regardless of how they spin this, its just a move to keep the content further and further from the customer and under tighter control.

Also means that your DVR now requires a higher speed cable connection than you might have otherwise needed, just so you can watch "recorded" content.

If/when the cable companies switch to per-byte-billing, you'll also pay each time you watch this content (for the data consumption).

I'm not saying it's not going to be a trend.. it's just not a trend I'm interested in seeing.

After all, even tho the equipment costs will come down (no, or at least much smaller HDD in the "DVR"), I don't expect we'll be seeing a fee decreases....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)