I have been offered the 21.0 UHF/IR 2-way learning remote...

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
For only the shipping cost of 5.95 to be added to my dish bill. He said he would waive the 19.99 fee and I would only pay shipping. So my question is this...

Is that a good deal and is the remote worth the 5.95? Are there any reviews or comments about this remote? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

LIke mine. Don't know if it will work with older model dvrs or not. They are for the 722k model or the 222k model. It is supposed to back up the timers in your dvr to the remote control. So if you have to replace the dvr you can communicate with the dvr and it will put them back on the new dvr.

Is this the remote that stores the settings such as timers and so forth in case you have to replace the receiver?

Is this the remote that stores the settings such as timers and so forth in case you have to replace the receiver?

yes. It is the uhf version but can be put in ir if you need it. A simple switch turn in the remote batter compartment can turn it into either uhf or ir.

I am trying to get my newer sony dvd player to work as I can't find the remote...I am able to get the reg 622 remote to work, just cant move the cursor around. I am also wanting to use the aux button for the sony surrond sound system and have the remote, just trying to simplify things.

Any comments or help please?

Thanks.

I am using my new 20.0 Ir remote control to control my Sony A/v receiver and my blu ray player as well as my tv and sat receiver. I only use ONE remote control now. The cool thing is these remote controls can be programmed to use certain commands from your other remote controls. So I put my tv remote control aside from new 20.0 remote control and programmed it in learning mode to control the aspect ratio for the tv . So IN Tv mode I can hit the format button and control the aspect ratio for the tv. I also have it so when I hit TV and tv/video input, I can see all the inputs on my tv. COOL features and 1 remote vs 4 .

The $5.95 is for shipping. What would be a fair price for you to transport a remote from a warehouse 3 states away to someone's front door? That money isn't going into DISH's pocket, that's money they are paying to UPS and I doubt there's a lot of mark-up profit being made on that $5.95.

The 21.0 is a learning remote, look at what a true learning remote costs in the store. Take the deal and quit bellyaching over $6.

Sorry...

Sorry if you misunderstood what I was asking but I was not belly aching about the $6 fee. I was just asking if it was a good remote and would help me out with what I need it for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts