I live in Wheeling WV

eersmaniac

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
mountain state
and they have taken off wtrf cbs fox and abc, can I "move" to pittsburgh? do i have to have a legit address? Sorry I am new and dont know how to do this exactly. Thanks in advance!!!!

Pretty sure Dish won't let you move as easily as Directv. Maybe someone here with Dish can help you.

thanks iceberg, is it legal?

its a grey area. Technically the only locals you are suppose to get is Wheeling. Satellite can only give you one set of locals whereas cable has older rules where they can give you neighboring markets.

Do people do it? (move) yes
Do some people on the board frown upon it thinking they are better than others? yes

They can't just look the other way. They did that once before and got spanked pretty hard for it. I don't think they actively look for this sort of thing

They can't just look the other way. They did that once before and got spanked pretty hard for it. I don't think they actively look for this sort of thing

They got "spanked hard" because they were giving distants to folks who didnt qualify for them. Rule use to be (and still is) locals available no distants allowed yet they still gave folks both (I was one...my address was one that gave me locals and 3 of the 4 nets....all but CBS)

yup same here...and that is when there were a bunch of "distant" options
Minneapolis locals <---normal locals
Could get 2 of each net you qualified for
Denver Fox & NBC
LA Fox
Chicago ABC
NY NBC
Atlanta ABC

Then when I moved home (Duluth, MN got locals) Dish screwed up and gave me all of that PLUS Duluth. I forget what it was but my bill was around $25 just for networks portion:)

Iceberg said:
yup same here...and that is when there were a bunch of "distant" options
Minneapolis locals <---normal locals
Could get 2 of each net you qualified for
Denver Fox & NBC
LA Fox
Chicago ABC
NY NBC
Atlanta ABC

Then when I moved home (Duluth, MN got locals) Dish screwed up and gave me all of that PLUS Duluth. I forget what it was but my bill was around $25 just for networks portion:)

Oh how I miss the distant networks. Watching car chases in LA was a favorite past time of my family. :) Was also handy for prime time programing. Dvr back then was single tuner so could catch the west coast later. Wish I could still get distants.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I used to like the LA car chases as well. That is, until I watched the police, graphically, shoot down and kill their guy after getting him to stop. Mind you the police were in the right, but did I really want to see that? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)