I need some information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I read somewhere that there is a 19 degree span horizontally that must be clear of obstructrions when installing an oval 3 dish. Holding a six inch ruler at arms length approximates the span. What I need to know is which satellite is on the left edge. Even though one would assume that 101 would be on the left, 110 in the middle, and 119 on the right, the setup on the dish schematic shows 119 on the left, 110 in the middle and 101 on the right, all as viewed from behind the satellite dish looking toward the satellites.
However, I also read that 110 is on the left and higher than the other two satellites. The reason I am asking this is that I have some tree branches on the left edge of the viewing area. I get in the nineties on all transponders except for transponders 10 and 12 on Satellite 110 where I get 44 and 55 respectively. This really ticks me because channels 70 and 78 are on transponder 10 and channel 74 is on transponder 12. I have tweaked alignment, checked all connections, etc. to no avail. I can't imagine that 110 would occupy a place in the sky to the left of the other two satellites and that two of the three transponders would have poor signal strength while transponder 8 has a reading of 88. Does anyone on this forum know how the location of satellite 110 relates to the location of the other satellites and if you can hone in on one transponder on that satellite while having some obstruction block others.

Rappy said:
I read somewhere that there is a 19 degree span horizontally that must be clear of obstructrions when installing an oval 3 dish. Holding a six inch ruler at arms length approximates the span. What I need to know is which satellite is on the left edge. Even though one would assume that 101 would be on the left, 110 in the middle, and 119 on the right, the setup on the dish schematic shows 119 on the left, 110 in the middle and 101 on the right, all as viewed from behind the satellite dish looking toward the satellites.
However, I also read that 110 is on the left and higher than the other two satellites. The reason I am asking this is that I have some tree branches on the left edge of the viewing area. I get in the nineties on all transponders except for transponders 10 and 12 on Satellite 110 where I get 44 and 55 respectively. This really ticks me because channels 70 and 78 are on transponder 10 and channel 74 is on transponder 12. I have tweaked alignment, checked all connections, etc. to no avail. I can't imagine that 110 would occupy a place in the sky to the left of the other two satellites and that two of the three transponders would have poor signal strength while transponder 8 has a reading of 88. Does anyone on this forum know how the location of satellite 110 relates to the location of the other satellites and if you can hone in on one transponder on that satellite while having some obstruction block others.

The satellites run 101, 110, 119 from left to right. The lnb's are opposite to
that because the signal has to bounce off of the dish to the lnb's. As to the
height of each, it depends on where you are. In CT where I live, 101 appears
higher in the sky than 110 and 119. On the west coast, the opposite is true.
Chip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts