I want to change rooms

schulzy190

Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a 722 reciever and I want to move on of my tvs from an upstairs bedroom to a downstairs bedroom. If possible I would like to fix this my self, don't have time to wait for someone to come to my house. any ideas on how to do this? I am just not sure which wires go where. I am in a house that I am renting. thanks for the help

Not enough information.

What type of connection does the TV in the upstairs Br have, HDMI, Component, RF?

If it's RF just run the RF cable from the 722 to the downstairs Br.

If it's any other connection out of the 722, you 'll have to move the box also and that is similar except you move the satellite cable from it's current location to the new one.

The box is with the main tv. The second tv is hooked up as if it were set up with cable. i will take a closer look at the cables and see if i can figure it out..thanks

In that case all you need to do is run a RG-6 cable from the box to the downstairs bedroom. and connect it ot the Agile modulator on the back of the 722.

You could also use an RF signal sender to send the signal from 722 to remote TV.

schulzy
is this an apartment or house? Most newer homes have pre-wired coax going to all rooms. And these coax runs usually all lead into one central box that cable or satellite installers use to distribute the signal to the whole house. So. Investigate from your landlord and ask if he/she knows about coax cable runs. If they dont, then investigate on your own.
1) Do all bedrooms have a coax connector? Probably yes.
2) Is there perhaps a small junction box somewhere at the front of your house that receives all the coax runs to the bedrooms.

In other words. There may be existing coax cables that you need to use to reroute the signal, WITHOUT having to add new cables. I did that at my townhouse here in Miami.

You could also call a "LOCAL" installer and most likely not have to "wait" all day on someone. I know I make exact appointments for my customers so both of us dont have wasted time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts