Identify UBL's satellite receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
UBL? I did notice what looked like some sort of FTA receiver next to Osama's TV in the news clip I saw

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Thats what the OP is asking (I assume)

It was a free to air receiver...probably some nice European one that has features that we'll never see on one here ;)

Perhaps an echolink EL model? made in china, available in Karachi? this one has large green LEDs on the front panal, Interesting he's looking at & reading(?) the OSD in english!

well the Viewsat had sucky everything and assuming he had fixed at one sat it might work for that ;)

Yes dtv_dxer, i think it is a Echolink EL 700 FTA. See the comparison that i posted:

Osama Receiver X Echolink EL 700 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

In the link below Osama is looking for a channel in your favorites channels list:

YouTube - Osama Bin Laden watching himself on Television - Video Released By Pentagon

The channel 001 is the Al Jazeera channel. Others channels in the list: Al Arabya, BBC Arabic, Dubai Tv, Bloomberg, Libya Tv, etc. The channel Al Jazeera was captured from Hotbird satellite.

His on-screen channel grid is way better than my Fortec Lifetime Ultra which I always kinda suspected was a clone. I got it with a Winegard 36" off "Overstock.com" of all places.

Apparently he has access to freedbs :)
Oh wait...most stuff there is free to air anyways so maybe thats why freedbs works there

Status
Please reply by conversation.