If you buy Sony, you buy obsolecence!

loves2watch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Mew Nexico
HD-DVD will be the eventual winner just because of Sony's proprietary nonsense. If they removed their excessive greed from the equasion and looked at what THE CONSUMER WANTS things would be much better. But since Sony wants to control all of the media in the worls, this will never happen.

HD-DVD will be the eventual winner just because of Sony's proprietary nonsense. If they removed their excessive greed from the equation and looked at what THE CONSUMER WANTS things would be much better. But since Sony wants to control all of the media in the world, this will never happen. Remember Betamax and the El-cassette.

See this as posted in another forum...
I am out of town so I am not sure which DVD it was last week(I think it was a Sony), but one last week and Monster House this week (A Sony release) will not play in my nice upconverting DVD player. My wife told me that she pulled out a cheap $30 player to connect composite to my bigscreen to play the movies, because they WILL NOT play on my good player. I am sick and tired of downloading patches for a stand alone player because of Sony's copy protection.

okay, first off you have sony equipment in your equipment list, then you write and I quote analog rules.....do I have to start in on your post?

You HDDVD guys are funny.

Are you mad just because you bought the cheaper format to save money, which ultimately meant you only get 1 out of every 3 new releases in your format?

Just a question.

HD-DVD will be the eventual winner just because of Sony's proprietary nonsense. If they removed their excessive greed from the equasion and looked at what THE CONSUMER WANTS things would be much better. But since Sony wants to control all of the media in the worls, this will never happen.

HD-DVD will be the eventual winner just because of Sony's proprietary nonsense. If they removed their excessive greed from the equation and looked at what THE CONSUMER WANTS things would be much better. But since Sony wants to control all of the media in the world, this will never happen. Remember Betamax and the El-cassette.
...keep repeating this and you may just wind up convince yourself.:rolleyes:

I guess you haven't seen this thread.

Blu-ray is more than just Sony. And BTW, I certainly have no love for Sony. But Blu-ray titles outsell HD DVD about 2 to 1. There are far, far more devices that can play Blu-ray movies than can play HD DVD. There may be more HD DVD dedicated players than Blu-ray dedicated players, but that hardly matters. Since BD keeps selling twice the titles HD DVD does, obviously those PS3 owners are to at least some degree, buying and renting Blu-ray movies. The greater studio and manufacturer support, higher capacity and audio features have buoyed Blu-ray and taken their toll on HD DVD.

Anyway, this is all old stuff. But we'll keep hashing it over until one dies (probably HD DVD) or they co-exist. I'd have to say the general consensus is that Blu-ray will stick around. The only question is- will HD DVD also stick around? Or will both formats remain niche products?

You are either wishing or begging. Oh, looky here, I guess I have to schedule a trip to the ol' local BlockBuster for next month, looks like BD rules over there. Care to spin that?

Block Buster recently anounced its decision to go with blue ray, if I heard the news article on cnn correctly it was due to the number of rentals for blue ray being %75 higher than that of hddvd disc's, this would seem to blow a fat hole in your statement but then also prove that your right, it is what the customer wants and looks like the customer wants blue ray.

Block Buster recently anounced its decision to go with blue ray, if I heard the news article on cnn correctly it was due to the number of rentals for blue ray being %75 higher than that of hddvd disc's, this would seem to blow a fat hole in your statement but then also prove that your right, it is what the customer wants and looks like the customer wants blue ray.

Not 75% higher...according to "Bridge News" / "Sky News", Blockbuster had a 250 store pilot test. In those stores, 70 percent of the rentals were Blu Ray.

I think I smell a Blu Ray player for Christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)