Im guessing with the premiums offering stand alone streaming

Take a look here, evidently they may be a $7.50 deal.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-phone-number-for-adding-hbo-needed.359540/#post-3868906

$10 is the "normal price" for HBO now IMO, not a "deal" with regards to Dish pricing.
Linking to a thread that asks for the non-existent $7.50 deal for HBO doesn't prove a point. :)
Millions of people don't have the option of "streaming".

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Actually you can get HBO for $7.50.
You sign up for $10, and in a month try and cancel, and you will be offered HBO for 6 months at $7.50
You'll spend $95 a year instead of $120

5f179c471a20df1e4391d1bfe6aadc43.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Linking to a thread that asks for the non-existent $7.50 deal for HBO doesn't prove a point. :)

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk
All you have to do is cancel. Which bring sme back to, why not offer a $7.50 for 6 months deal upfront.

Millions of people don't have the option of "streaming".

And you just ingored all the other options I gave. BTW, I have exede so my streaming is limited. There is however Netflix blu-ray and dvd service which gets GoT, etc... for a lot less than $10 per premium.

Actually you can get HBO for $7.50.
You sign up for $10, and in a month try and cancel, and you will be offered HBO for 6 months at $7.50
You'll spend $95 a year instead of $120

5f179c471a20df1e4391d1bfe6aadc43.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I guess the SOP should be signup, cancel after 30 days and get benefits for 6 months. Repeat after 6 months is up... Ridiculous game.

How do you get Starz for $5 @ month as mentioned in this thread--chat/call???

Thanks!
Ed
You can try but it's Usually only offered at $5 if you are already a subscriber to Starz paying full price, and you go to cancel.

If you go to your online account, and uncheck the Starz box a pop up with offer you Starz for 50% off.

If you don't have it , you just subscribe to it for $10 for a month,
(Otherwise you will pay a $5 programming removal fee if you downgrade within 30 days) Then just proceed to remove it, and you'll also get the 50% off offer.

YES even though you aren't technically removing Starz, you will be charged a $5 fee, if you don't keep it a month first.
Because you are still changing a more expensive service for a less expensive service.

Or you can simply call and ask.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: old corps
It worked. HBO deal for $ 7.50 a month for 6 months. Had HBO for 10.00 a month ...
Yep, and when it goes into full billing in month 7 just do the same thing.
That is great advice, unless Dish stops offering both the half-price deal and the $10 deal at some point in the next six months. Then you would be stuck at $15 per month, or doing without HBO. I thought that was the point of the "permanent" $10 pricing, to try to get subscribers to stop playing these games. Having said that, I only subscribe to HBO when I can get it free for three months. :)

You can try but it's Usually only offered at $5 if you are already a subscriber to Starz paying full price, and you go to cancel.

If you go to your online account, and uncheck the Starz box a pop up with offer you Starz for 50% off.

(Otherwise you will pay a $5 programming removal fee if you downgrade within 30 days) Then just proceed to remove it, and you'll also get the 50% off offer.

YES even though you aren't technically removing Starz, you will be charged a $5 fee, if you don't keep it a month first.
Because you are still changing a more expensive service for a less expensive service.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

Ed

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Did a chat tonight and got Starz for $5 @ month for 6 months, no problem at all. Of course when the 6 months is up if I still want it it'll still be $5 or I'll cancel.

Ed

Reactions: Troch77
Did a chat tonight and got Starz for $5 @ month for 6 months, no problem at all. Of course when the 6 months is up if I still want it it'll still be $5 or I'll cancel.

Ed
Nice,
I already have the Movie Pack for $5 so there was really no point for me to subscribe to Starz because we get Starz VOD, and Starz Kids and Family .
So I basically have full access to all the Starz content anyway.

But customers that can't stream because the lack of High speed Internet or they have non DVRs Starz is a nice option for $5.
$10 is a bit much IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

With the cost of Dish (and others) increasing, getting the premiums at half off (with the new lower prices) helps add value to staying with Dish. It would make sense for Dish to "break even" with Premiums in order to keep people sub'd. The huge benefit of being with Dish (or cable/sat) subscriber is you can DVR movies unlike the streaming services, so you can watch even when no longer subscribed.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts