I'm having problem with SG9120b motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Hello everyone, It's been a while I've posted any thread here. I still check in to read some thread everyday. This week I noticed my dish motor SG9120b only turn btw 91w and 97w after that it stops. I was thinking it might be stuck due to rain and moisture. Does anyone has any suggestion on what i need to do, maybe I should put it apart of send it back to seller for defect? I believe I have a two year warranty on it. Thanx for reading.

you can manually test the motor at the motor , usually has a button to push to move it . just remember your starting point on the scale ( on the motor and return it to that position ) usually one push & hold moves the dish one way and two pushes & hold moves it the other . also things to check . is the motor set up on the other satellites in the receiver setup.

I had one that would work manually at the motor but not from the receiver - ended up being a bad connection that would wiggle a little as the motor moved - make sure the connections are clean, dry, and snug.
Bob

I don't think I had any limit set. I never had any problem since I've been using it till few days ago

I installed a 9120B last winter and I've noticed that once in a while it does not appear to respond to the diseqc/usals commands from the receiver. Might be something wrong with the programming or processing in the motor, at least that's the conclusion I've made so far. Could be the same problem you are having...
Resetting back to factory using the reset button on the motor would clear any limits that may have been accidentally set. Set your motor to true south (make sure the pointer is pointing south) before doing the reset. Went through this a few times already; didn't help my problem though.
I won't be taking mine apart unless it gets worse. It is still on warranty but it will cost more than the motor is worth to send it back...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts