I'm holding out for TiVo to....

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
.... for TiVo to either get an adapter (like they announced a couple years ago) to allow ATSC 3.0 signals, or preferably produce an ATSC 3.0 compatible DVR (hopefully one that is compatible with both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0). I really hope they don't abandon the DVR business, but if they do (which I fear they will), I'm going the Tablo route.

.... for TiVo to either get an adapter (like they announced a couple years ago) to allow ATSC 3.0 signals, or preferably produce an ATSC 3.0 compatible DVR (hopefully one that is compatible with both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0). I really hope they don't abandon the DVR business, but if they do (which I fear they will), I'm going the Tablo route.
So am I, BUT, I have NO faith in them anymore. That ATSC 3.0 "Gateway" tuner, was TWO company owners ago. I'd bet money they've abandoned the idea.

When and IF it's time to really NEED an ATSC 3.0 dvr, I'm leaning this way. It'll probably be at least two revs past this one: Tablo ATSC 3.0 QUAD HDMI Over-the-Air [OTA] DVR

If not that one, perhaps an HD Homerun 4k tuner, and Channels dvr software, running on a Raspberry Pi.

Reactions: edisonprime
I guess the thread you created less than a month ago wasn’t good enough?

Nothing has changed in that month……..

I have the Homerun 4K tuner, and so far have not had any reason to record anything using it. Until the networks start broadcasting in 4K I use my TiVo. Once the 4K broadcast start I probably use channels DVR.

I'm thinking I'll get a Tablo one as soon as they have one capable of both ATSC 1.0/3.0 and out-of-network streaming. I might get the one that's coming out that does ATSC 1.0/3.0 sooner, but I can't seem to find any information if it's possible for them to put an update on it so it eventually can do out-of-network streaming.

I'm thinking I'll get a Tablo one as soon as they have one capable of both ATSC 1.0/3.0 and out-of-network streaming. I might get the one that's coming out that does ATSC 1.0/3.0 sooner, but I can't seem to find any information if it's possible for them to put an update on it so it eventually can do out-of-network streaming.
This first one for Tablo will NEVER be able to do out of network streaming. I believe it's because the AC-4 codec won't allow that, without an on-going license fee.