Status
Please reply by conversation.

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
A local shop owner is a native of India. He is subscribing to DiSH now, but I happened to mention the wonderful world of FTA to him.

He's interested in these channels and I was wondering if anyone knew any particulars, hopefully that they are ITC on IA-5:

• Z-TV
  • TV Asia
  • Sony (not the electronics brand)
  • B4U
  • Sun.TV

(I did check LyngSat, BTW)

Thanks !

maddawg
Globecast doesn't handle the channels Todd listed above

Todd, I think Dish might be the only option.

it seems like as soon as Dish gets an int'l, they leave the FTA land :(

I know CCTV is an exception and there are more, but that usually seems to be the case

Iceberg said:
it seems like as soon as Dish gets an int'l, they leave the FTA land :(

I know CCTV is an exception and there are more, but that usually seems to be the case

Shoot. I'm not a Dish person ... I s'pose I could go to their website, tho. :)

I did some searching and found nothing for him. I may just have to invite him over and let him surf. I have no idea what some of the languages are ...

IA5 has a few Indian channels FTA right now, plus there was/is an Indian channel on IA6 right now, just seen it the other day, but you are right not a whole lot of Indian channels FTA, pity as I LOVE Indian food : ) (Cook-shows)

I find most FTA stuff are arabic or chinese. My post was indicating which FTA channel you will find on IA5. I believe the indian channels are exclusive to dish and possible DTV.

I don't know the names of the channels as I am not Indian and I don't speak the language, but I am just back from a T5 installation and I pointed out to the customer the Indian channel when it popped up, it may be Pakistani, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka man this thread is making me crave a good Indian curry with a few Pompadoms and a bog of Pakora!

Ask your pal for a Pakora recipe, I think you will like it I was brought up eating it, its all part of the Scottish way of life, drink all night then head to the Indian restaurant and get a Vindaloo/Madras curry, then when you wake up you forget you had a curry until nature calls............VERY hot on the way in and Very hot........ : )

PSB said:
Ask your pal for a Pakora recipe, I think you will like it I was brought up eating it, its all part of the Scottish way of life, drink all night then head to the Indian restaurant and get a Vindaloo/Madras curry, then when you wake up you forget you had a curry until nature calls............VERY hot on the way in and Very hot........ : )

Sounds too scary for me :shocked

I'll stick to double cheeseburgers. :D

I am with you there, (Although I only eat veggie cheese burgers) but you guys are the brave ones, I have not touched meat for around 30 years, I don't want MAD COW, quite a lot of it over in the UK what a way to die!!!!! I am sure it is also here (Where do you think Angus is?) but you guys don't need to know ; )

Anywho....back on topic, just checked and there are still 2 Indian/South Asian channels on IA6

Aakaash and South Asia World

12168 Freq.
V
6111 S/R

Thanks, Pete. I'm going to see him tomorrow (11/5) I'll let him know.

(PS - He owns a liquor store, I'm stopping tomorow to get stocked up for the weekend !! :) )

Don't touch the Tennant's Lager! (Made in Glasgow by robots) I could not believe they sell it here as a Premium Import beer........its how you say Pigs swill : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)