Indian internationals ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
A local shop owner is a native of India. He is subscribing to DiSH now, but I happened to mention the wonderful world of FTA to him.

He's interested in these channels and I was wondering if anyone knew any particulars, hopefully that they are ITC on IA-5:

• Z-TV
  • TV Asia
  • Sony (not the electronics brand)
  • B4U
  • Sun.TV

(I did check LyngSat, BTW)

Thanks !

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
maddawg
Globecast doesn't handle the channels Todd listed above

Todd, I think Dish might be the only option.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
it seems like as soon as Dish gets an int'l, they leave the FTA land :(

I know CCTV is an exception and there are more, but that usually seems to be the case

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
Iceberg said:
it seems like as soon as Dish gets an int'l, they leave the FTA land :(

I know CCTV is an exception and there are more, but that usually seems to be the case

Shoot. I'm not a Dish person ... I s'pose I could go to their website, tho. :)

I did some searching and found nothing for him. I may just have to invite him over and let him surf. I have no idea what some of the languages are ...

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
IA5 has a few Indian channels FTA right now, plus there was/is an Indian channel on IA6 right now, just seen it the other day, but you are right not a whole lot of Indian channels FTA, pity as I LOVE Indian food : ) (Cook-shows)

maddawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 6, 2003
I find most FTA stuff are arabic or chinese. My post was indicating which FTA channel you will find on IA5. I believe the indian channels are exclusive to dish and possible DTV.

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
I don't know the names of the channels as I am not Indian and I don't speak the language, but I am just back from a T5 installation and I pointed out to the customer the Indian channel when it popped up, it may be Pakistani, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka man this thread is making me crave a good Indian curry with a few Pompadoms and a bog of Pakora!

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Ask your pal for a Pakora recipe, I think you will like it I was brought up eating it, its all part of the Scottish way of life, drink all night then head to the Indian restaurant and get a Vindaloo/Madras curry, then when you wake up you forget you had a curry until nature calls............VERY hot on the way in and Very hot........ : )

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
PSB said:
Ask your pal for a Pakora recipe, I think you will like it I was brought up eating it, its all part of the Scottish way of life, drink all night then head to the Indian restaurant and get a Vindaloo/Madras curry, then when you wake up you forget you had a curry until nature calls............VERY hot on the way in and Very hot........ : )

Sounds too scary for me :shocked

I'll stick to double cheeseburgers. :D

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
I am with you there, (Although I only eat veggie cheese burgers) but you guys are the brave ones, I have not touched meat for around 30 years, I don't want MAD COW, quite a lot of it over in the UK what a way to die!!!!! I am sure it is also here (Where do you think Angus is?) but you guys don't need to know ; )

Anywho....back on topic, just checked and there are still 2 Indian/South Asian channels on IA6

Aakaash and South Asia World

12168 Freq.
V
6111 S/R

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
Thanks, Pete. I'm going to see him tomorrow (11/5) I'll let him know.

(PS - He owns a liquor store, I'm stopping tomorow to get stocked up for the weekend !! :) )

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Don't touch the Tennant's Lager! (Made in Glasgow by robots) I could not believe they sell it here as a Premium Import beer........its how you say Pigs swill : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need help with AMC5

What a Sexy Ref on WEW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)