Install is Today - *crosses fingers*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chargerrich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Kansas City
Expecting an installer between 12 and 4pm today.

2 HR-24s
3 HD Receivers
MRV
Plat w/ ST

Notified D* and the install dispatch number that no HR-24s means no entry into house so thats the first and most important hurdle.

I will update tomorrow on the experience. :up

Expecting an installer between 12 and 4pm today.

2 HR-24s
3 HD Receivers
MRV
Plat w/ ST

Notified D* and the install dispatch number that no HR-24s means no entry into house so thats the first and most important hurdle.

I will update tomorrow on the experience. :up

Yeah, good luck. Just be "nice" about it and I'll sure you'll end up with what you need. If they don't have HR24s right now, just ask when they think they might have them. If they have no idea, just ask when they think you should reschedule....do that, and then hopefully they'll have them for install date.

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

My install is Monday, I originally only ordered 1 hddvr, now I'm thinking that having a 2nd one would be worth it. Does anyone know if I would be able to replace an HD receiver for a HDDVR within the first few days of service for the same price I could have gotten pre-install? ($99)

I have already submitted my rebates so I don't think replacing it now is possible.

Maybe it can be worked out while the installer is still there if he has an extra box on hand?

Installer is on site and I have the following to report thus far:

1. Knowledgable installer with a good attitude.

2. Has both my HR-24s!!!! YAY

3. Said the Dish Sat was improperly installed with wrong hardware and he will have to remount but thats no charge to me.

4. MRV was on my order, ethernet connection was not, but he is getting that setup for me.

5. There is a lot more work here in terms of install, wiring, drilling than most setups and he has been very friendly and helpful thus far.

So far so good :D

Installer is on site and I have the following to report thus far:

1. Knowledgable installer with a good attitude.

2. Has both my HR-24s!!!! YAY

3. Said the Dish Sat was improperly installed with wrong hardware and he will have to remount but thats no charge to me.

4. MRV was on my order, ethernet connection was not, but he is getting that setup for me.

5. There is a lot more work here in terms of install, wiring, drilling than most setups and he has been very friendly and helpful thus far.

So far so good :D

Good to hear. Make sure to do your Multi Room setup and run your internet test on your receivers as well. Welcome to the Empire. :)

This is definitely no reflection of the installer but I just found out about a crazy quirk in the DTV billing setup.

So as mentioned, my ethernet connection was not on my order so the installer was kind enough to call it in for me. He tried to get DTV to bill the $25 to my account but they insisted on a credit card. So I start talking to the DTV agent and he informs me that their billing software WILL NOT let me add any charges to the order and that the only way they can add the ethernet service is to refund my whole order (which had $500 worth of equipment on my AMEX) and then rebill another $525 for the hardware plus this charge!

huh? :confused:

I said no thanks and politely ended the call... now that is one screwed up billing system. Next thing they will tell me is that it runs on DOS 6.22! :D

The tech had already started the cabling for it though so he just said he would finish the install, setup the DECA box and I could just pay his company the $25. :up

Thats good that his company willing to work with you on the DECA. Well let us know how it turns out after he has everything installed. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts