install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lindenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I live in cincinnati and have dish right now.I was thinking of switching to directv.my problem is dish had to install their dish on a pole cause of a tree.now if I get dtv will there still be the same problem or can they mount it on the house.

I live in cincinnati and have dish right now.I was thinking of switching to directv.my problem is dish had to install their dish on a pole cause of a tree.now if I get dtv will there still be the same problem or can they mount it on the house.

It's likely they would need to use a pole mount, also. Dish looks at satellites located at 110 and 119, whereas Directv looks at 101, 110, and 119. That is for the basic sd programming. Hd may be different.

It's likely they would need to use a pole mount, also. Dish looks at satellites located at 110 and 119, whereas Directv looks at 101, 110, and 119. That is for the basic sd programming. Hd may be different.

DirecTV only uses 110 and 119 for some local SD channels and some international channels. Cincinnati SD locals come from 101 so you have no need for 110 and 119 unless you want some international channels. HD comes from 99 and 103 so for a standard SD/HD install all you need to see is 99, 101 and 103.

DirecTV only uses 110 and 119 for some local SD channels and some international channels. Cincinnati SD locals come from 101 so you have no need for 110 and 119 unless you want some international channels. HD comes from 99 and 103 so for a standard SD/HD install all you need to see is 99, 101 and 103.

Good point Rad. I forgot about the sd locals that are on 101. The op may be able to do a house mount after all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new home

HR23 will not connect to internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts