Installed the motor won here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
Thanks to Sadoun and Satelliteguys:) . I got the Digipower Sg2100 motor on Wednesday afternoon and installed it in the evening. It took about 80 minutes to mount the tripod, motor, dish and aim it. I relied on my camcorder connected to laptop to adjust the dish, since I did not have a spare TV. I am able to track from 74° W to 105° W properly though the pole is still not perfectly plumb. I get decent signal as well. I still need to adjust it a little bit. Beyond 105° W is completely blocked for me by the apartment building which I am in:( .

Now few questions:
1. My true south is 121.5°, per motor spec it can move both ways by 75°. So I should be able to move the dish up to 121.5°-75°= 46.5°. But I am not able to get 61° W. I do not think motor moves beyond about 70° W. Where am I going wrong?

2. If the motor limits the move, can I move the motor to east , say 15° E from true south,change the dish angle and skew to get more movement to east? Will the motor track the clarke's belt properly?

My setup:
Samsonic 30" Disch+ Geosat Pro 0.4 dB LNBF, Standard Ku
Digisonic SG2100 H-H Motor (Courtesy: Satelliteguys & Sadoun)
Coolsat 5000 Platinum

1/ You may have to use DiSEqC 1.2 for satellite positions at the far ends of your arc (As I do)

2/ The skew should be set at "0" on true south and never touched again, same with the dish elevation if you have peaked your signal on true south!

your on the westcoast I presume with cords like that eh. remember that 61.0w is very close to the horizon, I can get 61.0w but not 58.0w its very close.

can I move the motor to east , say 15° E from true south,change the dish angle and skew to get more movement to east?

No don't do that because it will cause the whole arc to be misaligned. At 0 position, both the motor and dish should be aimed at your true south (the highest point on the Clarke belt ).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)