Intaller Comment - Need to run another cable because Diplexers don't work

Fairway Fatty

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Va
I spoke with local installer today. I'm considering Dish and told him I wanted Two 222Duos for 1 HD and 1 SD upsatirs and 1 HD and 1 SD downstairs. (No DVR)

Anyway I asked how the duo works as far as feeding 2 TV's and he said I would need to run an additional line from the HD TV to the room where the other TV is. I asked him why he couldn't use Diplexers and he told me he could never get them to work right?

Do diplexers not work well? or is he maybe not very good at installing - He said he'd been installing for Dish for 10 years. He owns local Radio Shack (small town) and is a Dish distributor.......anyway I don't want to cut, drag pull cable etc. nor do I want him to. Any idea why he would say this abot Diplexers.

Thanks FF

Sometimes it's easier to not use them,like if tv 2 is in a adjacent room.Then he would just pop a hole in the wall and pass the cable through to tv 2.

On the other hand if everything is prewired it's much easier to use diplexers

I use them to run the signal to TV2 on some sets and others to send the antenna signal to the receiver. They work great.

Diplexers work great, he either doesn't want to spend the extra dollar for diplexers or needs actual training on how to use them properly.

If you don't know, ask!

They work just fine. If you decide to get Dish go with another retailer.
After you're installed drop by the store and let him know they work fgine for you.

Diplexors are a god send I have used the to send many different signal types. When used correctly they work perfectly.

I would call a different installer

Thanks for all of the feedback on Diplexers. I figured that the was kind of 'old school'...but he is willing to come to my house and make sure the dish has a clear shot to the satellite without me signing up first. (I've been told by Dish that I need to subscribe - then they will send someone to check). I have a very dense tree line due west, southwest an south. My DirecTv seems to barely clear and concerned that Dish is lower to Horizon and may not clear.

anyway...... If no one else seems to have issues not sure why he does....kind of a catch 22 for me as I live in country and he is the only local I can find who will come to the house and check without forcing me to subscribe first> (I don't want to hassle with subscribing, scheduling, canceling if there is issue etc)

Anyway thanks for the feedback. FF

Sounds like the guy has no clue how to use diplexers. Sounds like he gets the in and outs backwards. Other than the odd one that was DOA, never had a problem with them.

Like said above, they are a "God Send". I have them all over the place and in all kinds of set ups, back hauls, UHF Ant Ext, and even in situations were it would be normal or expected for them to fail, they work great. Maybe he's looking to tack on extra for the cable and labor of running it? If the hardware is solid, it will work just fine.

Like said above, they are a "God Send". I have them all over the place and in all kinds of set ups, back hauls, UHF Ant Ext, and even in situations were it would be normal or expected for them to fail, they work great. Maybe he's looking to tack on extra for the cable and labor of running it? If the hardware is solid, it will work just fine.

Either that or he's just stupid and can't figure out how to use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)