Interesting info regarding Dish 1000 installation.

that is very intresting due to the fact that a dish 1000 is only 2 inches bigger than a dish 500.. basically its a dish 500 on its side and streched two inches.. There should be no reason why dish 1000's cant go on a roof if a dish 500 can. two inches of wind resistance will not make a diffrence if the dish is installed right on the roof. (two center bolts on a stud with pitch patch or sealant on all the holes in all 6 bolts.) It wouldnt be any more diffrent than what they do now. A super dish I can see :)

If you read the last sentence it states that Dish Network will not install a dish 1000 on your HOME or ROOF. This would also preclude the mounting of a dish 1000 on a brick chimney.

I dont know how many SuperDishes I have seen mounted on roof's so them saying that about a Dish1000 is very laughable to say the least. I remember when Dish Network said professional installation only on a SuperDish and no roof mounts at one time too but they have not enforced that and even the distributors sell strut mount kits.

From what I see a Dish 1000 looks smaller than a Dish 500. The Dish 1000 may be a little wider but it appears to be shorter too. The surface area of the pan is probably about the same.

Hmmm I have a 622 with Dish 1000 install scheduled for 4/28/06. The house I am moving to, has bylaws that state a dish up to 18" in diameter can be installed but only the home structure, not in the land. I dont think that anyone would say anything regarding extra inches on a 1000, dont even think it would be noticeable from a distance. PLUS the bylaws have an error it says 18' which means feet not inches and I am sure thats a typo :)

sfollenius said:
Hmmm I have a 622 with Dish 1000 install scheduled for 4/28/06. The house I am moving to, has bylaws that state a dish up to 18" in diameter can be installed but only the home structure, not in the land. I dont think that anyone would say anything regarding extra inches on a 1000, dont even think it would be noticeable from a distance. PLUS the bylaws have an error it says 18' which means feet not inches and I am sure thats a typo :)
For the millionth time, your "bylaws" mean absolutely nothing! The FCC's OTARD trumps your HOAs rules every time. Any dish that Dish Network or DirectTV is sells is going to meet the FCCs guidelines and your HOA cant say a damn thing about it.

Gee, I thought that was a Dish1000 they put up on my roof. Now I know it must be a hologram. Maybe that's why my reception went down.

FCC law states you can have a dish up to 39 inches. If they got on my nevers about it I'd probably stick a 39 inch dish up (maybe several of them) just out of spite and fight them back. I would NEVER live in a place where I am bossed so much like that. It's bad enough that they tried to tell us once that we could not bring more dirt in and got threatened with a ticket.

It is probably about 18 inches tall if that helps. I do not think they will get up on the roof to measure it. The Dish500 is a little more than 18 inches, I wonder if they would raise a big stink about that. I think when they state 18 inches they mean the smaller ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)