International Price Changes Coming 11/11/10

$20 for a single channel is definitely a rip off. But those overpriced channels often represent the least expensive option in a given language. With international channels your options usually are: get a single channel for $20 or so, or pay more and get a Mega pack or something. Mega packs are usually much better deals, if you can afford them.

Some Mega Package with fewer channels than Top 100 is consider a good deal for viewers who will only turn and watch the channels in their language. But, some still want Top 100 with Mega to get the news and sports which will cost more.

I just checked my online account, looks like the international pricing changes have been implemented, but I am getting charged the $10.00 International Access Fee, even though I subscribe to AT200.
Here is what I see online!

America's Top 200 $54.99 International Access $10.00 Hindi: Mega $49.99 DVR Service $6.00 HD 200 Free $0.00 HBO $16.00 ................. Total $136.98 (excludes taxes / credits)

I just checked my online account, looks like the international pricing changes have been implemented, but I am getting charged the $10.00 International Access Fee, even though I subscribe to AT200.
Here is what I see online!

America's Top 200 $54.99 International Access $10.00 Hindi: Mega $49.99 DVR Service $6.00 HD 200 Free $0.00 HBO $16.00 ................. Total $136.98 (excludes taxes / credits)

Yes, the price changes took effect yesterday. My account shows that I am being charged the new price for Eurochannel ($20 instead of $10). I am not, however, being charged an International Access Fee (I have America's Top 250). Phone DISH and tell them they made a mistake in your billing. Tell them they should give you $30 in credits, too, for the inconvenience they caused you.

Price Increases:
French: Eurochannel - Old Price $9.99, New Price $19.00 - Increase $10.00
I was just fooling around in the international package section of the Web site and, if the prices are accurate - and they seem to be in line with the changes Scott posted here, it makes ZERO sense to subscribe just to Eurochannel:

DISH Network - International - 1.800.823.4929

The French Bouquet Package does include Eurochannel, and 6 others, and also cost 19.99!

I was just fooling around in the international package section of the Web site and, if the prices are accurate - and they seem to be in line with the changes Scott posted here, it makes ZERO sense to subscribe just to Eurochannel:

DISH Network - International - 1.800.823.4929

The French Bouquet Package does include Eurochannel, and 6 others, and also cost 19.99!

I was thinking the same thing. I don't speak French, but one of the channels in French Bouquet -- TV5 Monde -- offers French movies every night with English subtitles, and some of the series and specials on TV5 are also subtitled. By switching from a la carte to a package I would get additional programming for no additional charge.

Eurochannel will be the loser I think, unless their share of this six-station package works out to the $10 they were previously getting a la carte. I wonder why DISH chose to do this.

For that matter, I find myself wondering why Eurochannel is on an International satellite at all. It shows European TV shows, true, but always with English subtitles. Every DISH subscriber who can read English could enjoy their programming if was in, say, America's top 200. DISH calls Eurochannel 'French Eurochannel' and requires that 50% of its programming be French language, but the rest of its programming comes from all over Europe. I'm currently watching two series: 'Prime Minister' (Polish) and 'Berlin Crime Squad' (German). It's a shame that it's so difficult and expensive that most people can't watch it.

Now I'm ranting, so I'll stop here.

If we subscribe to locals, does the international 10.00 fee apply?

I know some subscriber only subscribe to international and locals.

I subscribe to Tamil Mega Pack (International) and locals and I am seeing the following in my account as proposed change:

Locals
$10.00

DVR Service
$6.00

Tamil: Mega
$29.99

The only change for me (if this is indeed true) is 0.01 for locals; it used to be $9.99 and now it is $10.00

Also, I just noticed, they have added a lot of new channels in Tamil Mega - including 2 new Kalaignar TV channels.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts