Ion Channel to go HD February 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikeruggeri

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Chicago
More good news on the HD front. The Ion Channel will go HD in 20 markets on February 16 and expand from there.

Mike Ruggeri

what number is this channel?
The HD channel is only supposed to be the local feeds and OTA at this time. If you live in an area that gets ION OTA and it is one of the locations scheduled to get it, then you will be able to get it OTA (assuming you can get the OTA signal).

Here in LA, ION HD will be channel 30.1.

ION channel info link

Hi,

I could not post the link since I have to post 3 times to be able to do so. I have now posted twice. But it is from the Broadcasting and Cable news web page on January 27.

Mike Ruggeri

Our local Ion will probably look like crap in HD, since it has 4 subchannels. One is all infomercials! :eek:

I think ION used to be PAXtv which was one of those must-carrys for religious stations or something. In Chicago they show mostly re-runs, infomercials, and church shows. They used to show some wanna-be MMA fights a year or 2 ago.

If memory serves they have like 4-6 sub channels via OTA. I think I'd rather have Lifetime-HD than this crappy thing.

I have ION locally but the content on this channel doesn't have much that interests me. good news for those who are interested though.

We get ION locally. Its generally worthless.

The signal is broken up into four. -1 is the same primetime schedule as DTV 305 with the rest of the time being infomercials. -2 is the QUBO cartoon channel. -3 is ION Life which is shows similar to Discovery Channel. -4 is religious music videos. DT 305 is the -1 primetime with some shows from -2 and -3. Its also worthless, IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)