Iron Man - or, how to shake people's confidence in Blu-Ray

:( Don Cheadle Replaces Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2 | /Film

I love Don Cheadle, but hate seeing actors changed in franchises.
What an idiot.. If I were him I'd do the movie for like $50,000 and ask them to set up a new bank account for me to receive all my residual checks I'd get from this movie. He'd be rolling in that, and the exposure he'd receive from being in Iron Man 1 AND 2 would be more than what most actors even DREAM of. Now he'll be viewed forever as the idiot who got kicked out of the Iron Man series. He was in Iron Man 1 for what, like 20 minutes total? Even if they doubled that exposure time and kept his same fee from the first movie he'd still come out on top.

I think in this one we're going to see how they manage to pull off Magic (probably just base it's roots in technology). The Mandarin could be an interesting villain. A few nods to him in current movie that I didn't catch (10 rings gang!) till they were pointed out to me. He was far from my favorite villain in the comics.

What an idiot.. If I were him I'd do the movie for like $50,000 and ask them to set up a new bank account for me to receive all my residual checks I'd get from this movie. He'd be rolling in that, and the exposure he'd receive from being in Iron Man 1 AND 2 would be more than what most actors even DREAM of. Now he'll be viewed forever as the idiot who got kicked out of the Iron Man series. He was in Iron Man 1 for what, like 20 minutes total? Even if they doubled that exposure time and kept his same fee from the first movie he'd still come out on top.

Well Rhodes becomes War Machine, which is Iron Man with a bit more weaponry and in the silver armor you see him look at and say 'maybe next time'. It is a signifigantly bigger role, could become a spinoff, etc. He's had his own if not multiple comic series, was part of a few super groups for a bit, and worked for the government I think. If Cheadle nails it and signs a nice contract, he could be doing a few of these movies, some with him as the primary star and not second fiddle.

Also not sure residuals are available to that many people in a movie... like supporting actors. Can't believe how much Keanu got for the second two Matrix movies... something like $200m cause he got like 15% of the gross.

warmachine1nr7.gif

Last edited:
Well Rhodes becomes War Machine, which is Iron Man with a bit more weaponry and in the silver armor you see him look at and say 'maybe next time'. It is a signifigantly bigger role, could become a spinoff, etc. He's had his own if not multiple comic series, was part of a few super groups for a bit, and worked for the government I think. If Cheadle nails it and signs a nice contract, he could be doing a few of these movies, some with him as the primary star and not second fiddle.

Also not sure residuals are available to that many people in a movie... like supporting actors. Can't believe how much Keanu got for the second two Matrix movies... something like $200m cause he got like 15% of the gross.

warmachine1nr7.gif
Well first off, thanks for giving away a plot element of the Iron Man story I didn't know.. ;p

Residuals are pretty common for numerous actors in a film. If you're even a mildly significant character in the movie (which I feel he could be more than qualifies for) you at least get a nice check in your mailbox, and those checks come for a while. For example, Artie Lange was in "Elf" for like 5 minutes playing the Mall Santa, and each holiday season he gets a nicer residual check because they play the hell out of it during that time.

Eh, the trailer for the next movie will probably reveal more than this :p

There's some talk that the tall guy who is his captor in the film becomes his nemesis, the Mandarin. The ring he had on and was fidgeting with helps back this up too.

Eh, the trailer for the next movie will probably reveal more than this :p

There's some talk that the tall guy who is his captor in the film becomes his nemesis, the Mandarin. The ring he had on and was fidgeting with helps back this up too.
Was he chinese? I haven't seen the movie in a little while..

Good ratio IMO given the target audience... just comic fans who subscribe to the Marvel newsletter:

Which version of the "Iron Man" DVD do you plan on buying?

Just the bare necessities for me-I'll be grabbing the one-disc edition!...14.4%

It's all about the extras, baby-has to be the two-disc edition!...57.4%

Blu-ray all the way!...7.5%

I'll definitely be renting it!...19.5%

Interesting comparing the same poll audience when asked about the Hulk:

Which version of "The Incredible Hulk" DVD do you plan on buying?

Just the bare necessities for me-I'll be grabbing the one-disc edition!...17.5%

It's all about the extras, baby-has to be the three-disc edition!...48.9%

I needs me hi-def fix! Two-disc Blu-ray all the way! ...17.9%

I'll definitely be renting it!...14.4%

I'm getting it digitally from the iTunes Store!....1.4%

Also some Iron Man 2 news... Downey signed for 2 and The Avengers.... Cheadle signed for 2, The Avengers and subsequent movies.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.5719.Iron_Man_2_and_The_Avengers_Update

Not as obvious as the shield :( You have to know where to look, know what you're looking at to see it more or less. I haven't seen it in motion, but friend said he had to pause/step through the scene to see it.

Google it if you want to see it in better detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)