Iron Man - or, how to shake people's confidence in Blu-Ray

BB has the Iron Man BD for 25.95. The Ultimate 2 disc edition of the SDDVD is 22.95. Not that big of a price difference. CC is 22.95 for the 2 Disc SDDVD vs. 29.95 for the BD. A price difference is expected. Sure you can go get the single disc no frills edition for 14.99. Maybe Paramount should have released a single disc set, also.

S~

I bought the Bluray version at Walmart for 25 and some change.This movie kicks butt on the surround sound.If anyone has buttkickers in their setup this movie is a must.I have 3 buttkickers on one amp:D:D and two additional subwoofers.When IRONMAN even walks it will knock you out of your chair.Awesome movie ...:D:D

i got mine at target with the special case and the target one is supposed to have additional bonus footage for the extra $2 i thought it was worth it for the extras

The extra scene at the end of the credits, happened at the theaters too.
Most people at the theater get up and leave, when credits start rolling, so they miss stuff like this.

I bought the Bluray version at Walmart for 25 and some change.

The ones in my part of Oklahoma were charging $29.96. I guess a Target or some other big box store has to be nearby for Wal-Mart to go any lower. Sam's Club had it for just under $29. Called other stores like Hastings, fye, etc. They wanted $35. Blah. Amazon gets my business yet again.

I purchased Iron Man at the local Best Buy, however there appears to be something wrong with the disc as it would load but would not play, I was able to go into scene select and start the movie from chapter one. I will return the move for an exchange today. Blu Ray.

The extra scene at the end of the credits, happened at the theaters too.
Most people at the theater get up and leave, when credits start rolling, so they miss stuff like this.

I've been at theaters where I sat thru the credits, looking for something. And had the projectionist cut it off before the credits were done. Yet another unpleasant experience at theaters.

Well, I put my IronMan disc into my PS3. After about 20 seconds, it came up with a screen which asked if I wanted to do a one time update to the BD-Live for the disc. It said it could take a couple of minutes if you say yes. I believe if I would have said no, I would have gotten immediately to the main menu. I decided to say yes.

I then saw a sort of flashing iron man power generator on the screen. After about one minute, the main menu popped up.

What exactly is the problem???

I then saw a sort of flashing iron man power generator on the screen. After about one minute, the main menu popped up.

Replace "one minute" with "one hour." Have you ever seen a DVD/BD that took more than 2 minutes to boot up? In any case the problem is basically moot now as they've upgraded the servers to satisfy the demand.

The servers got blitzed on opening day and couldn't handle the load..... Things have calmed down now as the fanboys all got their discs on Tuesday, so there should be less problems.....

Well, I put my IronMan disc into my PS3. After about 20 seconds, it came up with a screen which asked if I wanted to do a one time update to the BD-Live for the disc. It said it could take a couple of minutes if you say yes. I believe if I would have said no, I would have gotten immediately to the main menu. I decided to say yes.

Server overload.

Too many people trying to connect and get that BD-Live update at the same time. So much for the theory that there's little interest in the online features.

Wow- I type slow. 2 posts in, in the time I took to type so little!

Nothing to do with the online features..... It automatically phones home to connect each time..... When all those discs did it on Tuesday, they buckled under the load....

They've probably also updated their capacity to deal with the load.... I guess the Blu Ray version is selling pretty well....

Owners of Playstation 3 consoles can change BD Live settings to where the disc doesn't automatically try to phone home and download a bunch of junk. Change the setting from automatic to prompt.

Owners of Playstation 3 consoles can change BD Live settings to where the disc doesn't automatically try to phone home and download a bunch of junk. Change the setting from automatic to prompt.

Actually it will prompt only once. Once you say yes for ANY BD, even one with no BD-live content, it will stay at automatic, until you go back to the options menu and set it to prompt again.

Picked it up yesterday at BB and ~$25 here as well. When prompted at the BDLive screen, took about 10s - 20s to download; obviously the initial load on their servers seems to be ok for now. PS3 played it without a problem and quality of audio and video was great. I hadn't seen this in the theatres and was looking forward to this movie. It didn't let me down. :)

-Mike