Is 72 up? (Signal Restored to Eastern Arc)

Dang, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just took a sledge hammer to my receiver and dish. Now, how do you set up rabbit ears again?

We were watching national news over an OTA, (Good reason not to upgrade to the H/J until the OTA module is released.) on the TV in the living room. Went to my computer room where my 211 is and found the Complete Loss of Signal screen. Checked TV2 out from the 722. After doing a point dish and system info and found that both receivers couldn't see any of the birds, I came here rather than call Dish. Found the info here.

Don't watch much tv on Saturday afternoons.Missed all the action it appears.

I am so sorry everyone. We are very short staffed here this weekend. We had our Gilbert up link center go down and it caused the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused everyone. We did get the issue resolved! Hope you all have a great weekend!

I had been watching the Tigers game on my local Fox station in the Flint MI DMA. We are EA and our locals come from 61.5. I watched from 4:00 until about 8:45 when the extra inning game finally ended. I never had any signal issues. I can't say whether or not any other channels were working during this time but I know my local Fox came through fine on my hopper. I was not even aware that there was an outage until I saw this thread.

I had been watching the Tigers game on my local Fox station in the Flint MI DMA. We are EA and our locals come from 61.5. I watched from 4:00 until about 8:45 when the extra inning game finally ended. I never had any signal issues. I can't say whether or not any other channels were working during this time but I know my local Fox came through fine on my hopper. I was not even aware that there was an outage until I saw this thread.

You didn't lose the Tiger game because you must have been watching 066-1, Fox OTA. I'm also in the Flint DMA & EA and everything on satellite was GONE, trust me.

Ed

Whoops, you were watching on a Hopper??? No OTA then, right? VERY strange! All the sats were out on both my 722 & 722K.

I just lost all signals off of 61.5 for a few minutes during Sat.Night live. On western arc no drop on their sats- using my 211k on another account. I wonder if all of this is solar flare related or someone at the uplink site unplugged everything on my locals?

I just lost all signals off of 61.5 for a few minutes during Sat.Night live. On western arc no drop on their sats- using my 211k on another account. I wonder if all of this is solar flare related or someone at the uplink site unplugged everything on my locals?

DIRT says EA uplink center. This would affect 61.5 but not 110/119 or 129 as far as your setup is concerned.

You didn't lose the Tiger game because you must have been watching 066-1, Fox OTA. I'm also in the Flint DMA & EA and everything on satellite was GONE, trust me.

Ed

Whoops, you were watching on a Hopper??? No OTA then, right? VERY strange! All the sats were out on both my 722 & 722K.

Right. I no longer have OTA since upgrading to the Hopper/Joey system. I never lost signal so it must have hit different people in different ways.

I lost all TP on 61.5 when I checked on Saturday at 6:45 pm EST. My signal which is about 82 with a 39" dish was reading in the 10-15. I though they were loading new HD.:rant:

It is quite possible that not all transponders were affected by the outage. Also, if one were watching recordings during the outage, of course they would not notice an outage.

In Charlotte area here. My neighbor across the street has EA. He said his system had a total signal loss.
I called Dish using an technician phone line to bypass the off shore call centers. I spoke to a domestic CSR who'd told me he had not seen any alerts as to any outage.
I put my super sat buddy on line and got nothing. A short time later sigs started creeping back in. At first very weak below "fail" levels. Then those improved. Reception returned on about 30 mins.
This was about 7pm EDT

Didn't have any timers on the 612 yesterday, wouldn't have even known there had been an issue if not for this thread.

Now if it had been during football season that would have been a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts