Is Directv missing any channels Dish has?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I comntemplating moving from Dish to Directv for various reasons, but I've heard Directv has split ways with some channels. Are there any no RSN channels Dish has that Directv doesn't?

DirecTV pretty much has everything that Dish has when it comes in terms with RSN's. Directv carry's them all in HD where as dish doesnt. The only one that is off of the top of my head that Directv does not carry is the Pac 12 network.

DirecTV does NOT have EPIX, this is the biggest missing service that Dish has that DirecTV doesn't. Secondly Dish has The Sirius Music Channels, as well

Reactions: retrotv
Thanks, I knew they lost Travel CHannel at one point. Most of the stations don't matter to me.

I'll probably sign up in August as we get closer to the NFL season.

I comntemplating moving from Dish to Directv for various reasons, but I've heard Directv has split ways with some channels. Are there any no RSN channels Dish has that Directv doesn't?
Dish has dropped all the New York and Buffalo( NY) RSN's.
Dish also does not carry HRTV( Horse racing)
Dish has added the SEC Network. To date, Directv has not signed on.

Dish dies carry horseracing its a different dish 500+ 118 satellite

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks, I knew they lost Travel CHannel at one point. Most of the stations don't matter to me.

I'll probably sign up in August as we get closer to the NFL season.

*I don't recall Dish ever losing Travel Channel, but is on Dish and in HD.

*HRTV (Hore Racing TV) has been on Dish for a long time, recently moved some months ago to 398, and still there and does not require looking at any "odd" satellites like 118. HRTV for me is at 119. HRTV should be acceptable from any of Dish's common (non-internationals) installs.

*Dish not only has Epix 1, but also Epix 2 and Epix 3, all in HD.

*MoviePlex (SD), Indieplex, and RetroPlex (both in HD) are also available as 24/7 channels.

Add the above to Meathead 76's post for a better idea what's offered.

I hope this thread isn't going to turn into one of those Dish has, D* doesn't have threads, we've had a ton of them already in the last few years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts