Is Formula 1 racing broadcast from any FTA satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ipsolutions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I have loved my FTA setup, and have been talking to a friend about setting one up for him. He is a Formula 1 racing fan, and that is about all he watches TV for. Does anyone know if Formula 1 is broadcast from any FTA satellite? He is particularly interested in some upcoming race in Belgium.
Thanks!

Every once in a great while we get a grainy South American feed. But nothing regular. Have to sub to get it, or use other means (internet).

There is a weekly F1 show on 97w, EBRU TV, but unaware of any feeds.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "feed"? If there is a weekly show on a satellite, doesn't it mean that if I receive that satellite's transmissions, I will see the show?

When Speed channel was up on 91 I was able to catch a couple of races this year. Too far and few in between for anything regular.

Happy Testing!!!

A feed is a backhaul from a production location back to the station that is airing the show.

Example: A racing feed originates from a track and is sent up to the satellite and bounced back to the network (this is a backhaul). The network then inserts the show into their distributed programming.

Unfortunately there are no more Formula 1 feeds in the clear, there hasn't been any for over a year and a half at least
and your friend can not subcribe to any of the sports FTA bouquets because they are not available to the public for subscription.
For many years we enjoyd a lot of sport feeds all in the clear and with no commercials but unfortunately due to new
technology and because a lot of hobbyist (that do not understand the hobby) keep on posting them in wide open forums,
we are basically down to almost nothing.
Tede

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How Low Can You GO?

AMC 3 67W SATMAPS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts