Is Hitting the Correct Transponder Rocket Science?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He's telling me hitting the transponder within the IA5 satellite "is like trying to find a needle" inside a haystack
hate to tell you, but your installer didnt know much.

I had to aim a dish for a member here for StarChoice. I used my FTA box and found G3 (next door at 95) within 15 seconds, AMC4 (101) right after that and got to AnikF1 within a minute or so

The meter on the receiver is the best meter out there :)

Iceberg said:
something isnt set up right

all you have been able to get is DBS slots it looks like. If you are using the 30" dish, make sure the LNB LO is set to 10750

Hook the cable directly to the reciever (bypass all switches). Scroll down to the TP list and fine either one that starts with 12152 or 12177. Those are strong.
Move the dish west. As you move it, you'll see the signal go up and down. That helps but its QUALITY you need. The signal strength going up and down means you are hitting a satellite. But slowly move it until the quality meter moves. :)

edit: Pansat 3500 calls the LNB LO "LNB local freq"

I did a factory reboot and reloaded the GT Loader on the Pansat because I wasn't having success. Having done that got a B-70 error on the box and thought the flash rom memory chip was fried. At this point I was pretty pissed and hooked the receiver up anyway, crawled back up on the roof and started searching for IA5.
Well to my surprise I found IA5 and got a strong quality reading to boot! Why my receiver flashed error who knows? All I know is I'm cruising IA5!! Man this satellite is pretty crazy although there is indeed a lot of foreign programming. I will probably get around to popping up another dish for Galaxy 10 eventually.

Who needs a professional installer when you have a blind man like me at the helm! :up

Thanks for your advice Iceberg and everyone else too!!

Last edited:
GREAT! Now you can cancel the installers return, and you can ask him if he wants to see how its done :)

the B-70 showed up on my Pansat 3500 whenever i flipped the switch on the back. Nothing to worry about :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)