Is Hopper 2000 w/o Sling getting New Carbon U/I ?

I don't know of a way other than to put your hand on top of the receiver and see if it's hot. :)

I don't worry about that because I've got a fan on the Hoppers. IIRC you do too.

Often the Hopper 3's are running so cool that the internal fans aren't even running.
WOW, that is great the Hopper 3s run cooler. I hope that there new DPH42 switch comes out sooner than the end of the year. Are you retailers hearing anything about it at all? I can't wait to update to Hopper 3s and 4k Joeys.

The Old UI H1 will be able to see and play back recordings from the H2 with the new UI, Just not the other way around.
And the Joeys won't be able to be linked to the old UI once they Carbon UI is on your H2.
The H2 will force the Joeys to update, even if they aren't linked the H2.
And Joeys with New UI, won't function correctly on the H1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well then that will be a problem. :(

Reactions: Troch77
WOW, that is great the Hopper 3s run cooler. I hope that there new DPH42 switch comes out sooner than the end of the year. Are you retailers hearing anything about it at all? I can't wait to update to Hopper 3s and 4k Joeys.

Haven't heard anything on the switch yet. I'm watching the Retailer Chat now and they're talking about getting ready to release the Wally and the HopperGo. Those products seem to be the focus right now.

Haven't heard anything on the switch yet. I'm watching the Retailer Chat now and they're talking about getting ready to release the Wally and the HopperGo. Those products seem to be the focus right now.
OK, thanks. When they ask you to raise your hand for questions, can you slip the switch question in for us! :clapping

Reactions: JSheridan
OK, thanks. When they ask you to raise your hand for questions, can you slip the switch question in for us! :clapping

I'm not watching live. I recorded it earlier today when I was out installing a DISH system :)

We've got some people going to Team Summit in May so if we don't hear anything about the switch before then I'll have them ask.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven't seen anything about upgrading Hoppers to HWS due to a communication issue at this time. Me or one of my co-workers can always see about getting the upgrade performed normally though.

Just reporting an issue that I read about here. I have my Hopper 3. I find it hard to accept that Dish will break the relationship between a customer's 2 different model Hoppers (and Joeys) and not do anything about it.

Reactions: Hall
Question: if I switch to Hoppers with Sling, and they get the carbon GUI, will my Joeys 1.0 get the carbon GUI also or do I have to switch them also to Joeys 2.0 (to get the carbon GUI) on the Joeys ???

Question: if I switch to Hoppers with Sling, and they get the carbon GUI, will my Joeys 1.0 get the carbon GUI also or do I have to switch them also to Joeys 2.0 (to get the carbon GUI) on the Joeys ???

Joey 1's will get the CUI from a HWS but not from an H3.

I have a Hopper with Sling, a Joey 1, and the new interface on both.

Dish is saying you can't put a Joey 2 with a Hopper w/Sling too... "They're not compatible". That's simply not true as people have that combination today unless their system won't allow a 1 to replace a 2, which seems like a silly restriction someone entered in.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk