Is it me or Direc?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
To clarify..Im a guy. finally some intelligent answers.
I have dish and direc.
They both have good and bad points.

But if someone has a legit issue..I will not just back a sat co because i subscribe to them.

It seems that certain people rather than hear what your saying choose to defend
a certain company and blast you..

Its simple. Why not try to get the best deal possible? We work hard for our money.
Right?

New subs get great deals. Why not take care of long standing subs?

I was given a great deal..Direc is not standing by that...

Ive thrown this question out to get my fellow direc sat subs for advice.

I got ''some'' good answers.

Thanks...

I give you credit for being patient. Having multiple outages are just for Credit. I also believe that you are right in asking for the NFLST discount. Most businesses are open to negotiate these days because of the economic times. It appears I am as bad as you. I called to cancel my NFLST because of price. I fully intended on canceling but they offered me up the $20 off per month. I more than pay for my service as a Priemer, HD,HD Extra, Playboy TV, NFLST, ESPN Gameplan, MLB Extra and NHL CI. They should tier rates for people who subsribe to alot of bonus programing. THat is how most business operate.

I give you credit for being patient. Having multiple outages are just for Credit. I also believe that you are right in asking for the NFLST discount. Most businesses are open to negotiate these days because of the economic times. It appears I am as bad as you. I called to cancel my NFLST because of price. I fully intended on canceling but they offered me up the $20 off per month. I more than pay for my service as a Priemer, HD,HD Extra, Playboy TV, NFLST, ESPN Gameplan, MLB Extra and NHL CI. They should tier rates for people who subsribe to alot of bonus programing. THat is how most business operate.

To be honest, Direc has done right by me for years. This latest issue with them has me perplexed.

I am, like you, a high tier customer. Who not only gets HD everything but also pay a boatload for past NFL and CI packages.

Why would they upset a high paying customer now? Maybe they are doing this because losing me means nothing?
Their numbers are up..So whats one person?

Oh well...

Dissapointing

I am the only person here who will give you real insight in to what is going on .

PM and I will be more then happy to go over your account with you.

1. The excess credit flag has been triped by the audit team. That means over the course ofthe years your credit to service ratio been too high.

2. This also happens when people "neogiate" too much for services. When you threaten to cancel ever year to get discounted NFLST or FREE Superfan it counts as credits .... These do add up.

3. Each and every account is different So I could not speculate more until I saw your account.

I am the only person here who will give you real insight in to what is going on .

PM and I will be more then happy to go over your account with you.

1. The excess credit flag has been triped by the audit team. That means over the course ofthe years your credit to service ratio been too high.

2. This also happens when people "neogiate" too much for services. When you threaten to cancel ever year to get discounted NFLST or FREE Superfan it counts as credits .... These do add up.

3. Each and every account is different So I could not speculate more until I saw your account.

you da man stone!! ;)

you da man stone!! ;)

I am not trying to bash him in any way. Just trying to help if he ever wants someone who is unbias to look at his accoutn and see what may of caused this I be more then happy to do so.

What I think that everyone forgets is Money is Money . We still charge the same for early bird auto renewal if you get the discount or not so to give you the special please keep us pricing yes a credit gets applied.

The freq and amount of credits are frequently view.

Also the billing system and how it flags stuff for review has nothing to do with what you have on your account.

The same amount of excessive credit that would trigger a person with the Family package and say the sports pack is the same amount of excessive credit ratio that would affect a customer with premier and all the seasonal sports packs. it all about the ratio.

We appericate the business but sometimes enough is enough. Most likely what happended is that the orginal agent did not see the red flag gave the offer and then he that rose a 2nd red flag to the audit team who took it away.

But nobody in their right mind would give any information about their account to a stranger on a forum.

If any of the admin staff here at satellite guys wanted to verify my employement I would be more then happy to verify.

I dont need anyones " account info " I can easilly look up his info via his phone number .

I made an offer I work in Billing and General Info aka MainBank

oh we know you're not bashing stone. i also learned a thing or two from your post like maybe i should ease off on trying to get discounts and credits. once in awhile is ok i guess but not every single year either.

If any of the admin staff here at satellite guys wanted to verify my employement I would be more then happy to verify.

I dont need anyones " account info " I can easilly look up his info via his phone number .

I made an offer I work in Billing and General Info aka MainBank

As I said it is not that I don't believe you. In todays world you just cant be to safe anymore. It was a nice offer by you to help him out. :up

oh we know you're not bashing stone. i also learned a thing or two from your post like maybe i should ease off on trying to get discounts and credits. once in awhile is ok i guess but not every single year either.

I mean until i saw his account I could not say for sure . It could be something like mis-coded credits

I mean when we issue a credit it gets a code each code is different

Like there a General Billing Credit Code , A Time with out service Code , A cod e for when we offer a long time customer a curiousity credit there is over 35+ billing credit codes If a large dollar one was not under the right billing code it could also sent red flags. There is alot of just mind numming things that invovle in DTV billing system.

Like lets say he has protection plan and for some reason it still charged him for a service call ( becaus Tech support ) did not setup the service call right and then billing aka me comes around and fixes it .

Basically I see customer who have NHL MLB and NFL and each season they pull the same stunt with canceling and getting a better offer.... then tend to get flag

But the guy who says 2 of the 3 lets say NHL and NFL and calls in and gets promo deal to stay with NFL ST ... Dont push for superfan free if you get it great if you push a agent will notate it on the account. Account like that would probably never get a excessive credit flag.

Some times it not even our billing system that sends up the red flag first but just random account audit.

Like I said there so many reasons why it might be there it really is a case by case deal .

As I said it is not that I don't believe you. In todays world you just cant be to safe anymore. It was a nice offer by you to help him out. :up

Oh no I am not offended. You have to take everything with a grain of salt. It just never has come up before so I simply state I could verify employeement .

Called we have a installer forum but not a rep forum.

Well, I feel vindicated!!!

I spoke to a lady in corporate office.

She reviewed my acct.
Major appologies from Direc.

Somehow flagged my acct by accident.

She said a manager should have caught this.

She made good on the NFL deal that was quoted to me at 149.

Whew...I feel better about direc after this fiasco!

I have seen in a few cases where DirecTV has sent a paper letter to a persons home and threatened to terminate their service because they were given too many credits. In fact if I remember correctly it happened to Goaliebob!

DirecTV should honor the price they gave you on the phone, to quote you a price on the phone and then charge you twice as much borders on CRIMINAL.

But as we learned lately what DirecTV says and does is to seperate things. It is sad to see actually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)