Is it the $300 that makes you "one sided"?

If $300 is going to keep you out of buying a high def player then you are not ready for high def anything. How much do you want to pay for that High Def TV - - $600? Let's face it, if you can afford $2000 to $3000 for a decent HDTV you can easily afford $300 to $400 for a high def player -- wheather that player is a BD or a HD-DVD.

Early adopters don't care much about if a format is completely fleshed out because we know no format is really going to be done in the early stages. There will be constant updates to firmware and then changes to the format that will bring more functionallity to that format. While HD-DVD has enjoyed a more fleshed out format from almost the beginning there have been just as many problems with playing newer movies as there has been from the BD side (maybe more). And yes, some of the early adopters who did not buy a PS3 did buy a player that would play BD discs but would not offer an upgrade path to Java 1.1 or 2.0. But most early BD adopters ALREADY KNEW THAT!

Folks like Vurbano and others (not to be named) think that early BD adopters are bothered by having to replace their BD players later in the game. They just do not get it. BD supporters like the format they support and they are not ignorant of its beginings nor are they not knowlegeable of the changes their format is going thru. Most expected to buy another BD player in 2 to 3 years and by that time BD will be thoroughly fleshed out. And they expect to pay for that new BD player at half or more of the price then they did for their first BD player. AND THEY KNEW THAT!

I expect to see more posts like minorthr's in the future. As more BD players come down in price I expect more HD-DVD owners to go purple. The reason is simple, for every one great title on HD-DVD BD has 3 to 4. That is how it has been all year and that will be how it will continue. What probably irks most HD-DVD supporters is that there is truth to what minorthr's wife has said and done. There is more to watch that folks want to watch on BD then HD-DVD and this is the sole reason why BD continues to outsell HD-DVD in disc sales every week and will continue to. BOGOs don't sell movies nobody wants to watch -- or else why0 when HD-DVD has run their BOGOS lately why they not win that week?

And just for Vurbano, the largest association of Home Theater Builders decided to support BD exclusively because their customers by a hugh margin wanted BD. I don't see alot of folks under 30 builiding home theaters Vurbano. As a matter of fact, I don't see alot of folks under 30 buying homes either. Sometimes you yourself become very sophmoric in your search for something bad to say about BD. Does that mean you are either a kid under 30?

Last edited:
I remember the show.....

So answer "childishness" with childishness? Thats mature? I honestly expected alot more from vurb. Which is why this line of reasoning makes no sense.

No, it depends on how you say it, If said sarcastically yes then its very immature. Inflection is always lost on the internet. But some phrases are pretty rude period. :D

Just because I support a format and I support it 100% doesn't make me childish.
I tell the way it is. This is the war zone.
I have a full time job as a CSR1 Banker.
No I have no kids or wife yet, not planning to get married or getting a child anytime soon, I am not sure where you are going with this comments. Why are we talking about people instead of just moving on with this discussion?
Just because I am 19 some of you people think I can't make the right decision?
I think the decisions that I made are doing good for me.
Vurbano I didn't like your comment on that there are more childish people on PS3 Online than Xbox live.
Blu-ray has the movies that I want, it gives me more choices, and I am happy with the movie prices. Bogo or not bogo, I am benefiting from them. That is what helps a company win.
DTV is offering over 100+ HD channels for 9.99 vs Dish Network HD, yes DTV may be losing some money here and there, but they are getting more customers than Dish Network on their way, with the long term goal DTV will be more successful than Dish Network would ever be.

And just for Vurbano, the largest association of Home Theater Builders decided to support BD exclusively. I don't see alot of folks under 30 builiding home theaters Vurbano. As a matter of fact, I don't see alot of folks under 30 buying homes either. Sometimes you yourself become very sophmoric in your search for something bad to say about BD. Does that mean you are under 30?
I actually see and know alot of people under 30 doing both

No, it depends on how you say it, If said sarcastically yes then its very immature. Inflection is always lost on the internet. But some phrases are pretty rude period. :D
Seemed sarcastic enough going off of his previous posts of late

Just because I support a format and I support it 100% doesn't make me childish.
I tell the way it is. This is the war zone.
I have a full time job as a CSR1 Banker.
No I have no kids or wife yet, not planning to get married or getting a child anytime soon, I am not sure where you are going with this comments. Why are we talking about people instead of just moving on with this discussion?
Just because I am 19 some of you people think I can't make the right decision?
I think the decisions that I made are doing good for me.
Vurbano I didn't like your comment on that there are more childish people on PS3 Online than Xbox live.
Blu-ray has the movies that I want, it gives me more choices, and I am happy with the movie prices. Bogo or not bogo, I am benefiting from them. That is what helps a company win.
DTV is offering over 100+ HD channels for 9.99 vs Dish Network HD, yes DTV may be losing some money here and there, but they are getting more customers than Dish Network on their way, with the long term goal DTV will be more successful than Dish Network would ever be.
There are childish people on both, with that i cant argue. The fact that young people dont have a good grip (or opinion) in technology at this point (as it was implied) is what i dont agree with.

Last edited:
If $300 is going to keep you out of buying a high def player then you are not ready for high def anything. How much do you want to pay for that High Def TV - - $600? Let's face it, if you can afford $2000 to $3000 for a decent HDTV you can easily afford $300 to $400 for a high def player -- wheather that player is a BD or a HD-DVD.

Early adopters don't care much about if a format is completely fleshed out because we know no format is really going to be done. There will be constant updates to firmware and then changes to the format that will bring more functionallity to that format. While HD-DVD has enjoyed a more fleshed out format from almost the beginning there have been just as many problems with playing newer movies as their has been from the BD side. And yes, some of the early adopters who did not buy a PS3 did buy a player that would play BD discs but would not offer an upgrade to Java 1.1 or 2.0. But THEY ALREADY KNEW THAT!

Folks like Vurbano and others (not to be named) think that early BD adopters are bothered by having to replace their BD players later in the game. They just do not get it. BD supporters like the format they support and they are not ignorant of its beginings nor are they not knowlegeable of the changes their format is going thru.

And just for Vurbano, the largest association of Home Theater Builders decided to support BD exclusively. I don't see alot of folks under 30 builiding home theaters Vurbano. As a matter of fact, I don't see alot of folks under 30 buying homes either. Sometimes you yourself become very sophmoric in your search for something bad to say about BD. Does that mean you are under 30?

Bought my first house at 24, Rented before that. 31 now :)

OH btw. Home theaters association also picked betamax
Robert Harris - Home Theater: An Archaeology - Part One

Its easy to fall back into that mode though. Especially if alcohol is involved. :D
Speaking from exerience?:p
No doubt that is true, i will admit it. Now will vurb admit age is not always the measure of maturity so we can get back on topic?:)

Early adopters don't care much about if a format is completely fleshed out because we know no format is really going to be done in the early stages.
I suppose this is how you justify in your warped mind all those poor SOBs that bought BD standalones that cannot be upgraded and defend Sony while HD DVD had its specs together from day 1? BTW my HD-A1 has no need for upgrading until it breaks. :rolleyes:

A 19 year old bank teller. So what? theres piles of those teeny boppers everywhere. I dont see what your entry level job has to do with anything.

No exactly, you telling me I am childish...
And no, I am no teller, I get paid double on what a teller gets.
A teller doesn't do 1/3 of what I do.
Morgage/Equity/Line of credit is what i deal with on top of checking/savings, so don't underestimate what I can do just because I am 19.
Clearly you don't know..
My point was the whole childish comment. I don't like it, and you should really stop making personal attacks.

No exactly, you telling me I am childish...
And no, I am no teller, I get paid double on what a teller gets.
A teller doesn't do 1/3 of what I do.
Morgage/Equity/Line of credit is what i deal with on top of checking/savings, so don't underestimate what I can do just because I am 19.
Clearly you don't know..
My point was the whole childish comment. I don't like it, and you should really stop making personal attacks.
I agree, i fail to see what you wish to get out of this type of conversation vurb. Trying to make someone feel less than what they are because of age? Whats the point?

I agree, i fail to see what you wish to get out of this type of conversation vurb. Trying to make someone feel less than what they are because of age? Whats the point?

I will leave it at that, he thinks people that do not meet a certain age requirements are useless.
Yes I may not have a college degree yet ( I will get my associates in about a year) and going for a bachelor, even if I don't meet a certain age requirement, but just because someone is younger than you doesn't make them less knowledgeable.
I am done with this, I apologize to the mods and everyone else because this was off topic.

Last edited:

Early adopters don't care much about if a format is completely fleshed out because we know no format is really going to be done in the early stages. There will be constant updates to firmware and then changes to the format that will bring more functionallity to that format. While HD-DVD has enjoyed a more fleshed out format from almost the beginning there have been just as many problems with playing newer movies as there has been from the BD side (maybe more). And yes, some of the early adopters who did not buy a PS3 did buy a player that would play BD discs but would not offer an upgrade path to Java 1.1 or 2.0. But most early BD adopters ALREADY KNEW THAT!

Folks like Vurbano and others (not to be named) think that early BD adopters are bothered by having to replace their BD players later in the game. They just do not get it. BD supporters like the format they support and they are not ignorant of its beginings nor are they not knowlegeable of the changes their format is going thru. Most expected to buy another BD player in 2 to 3 years and by that time BD will be thoroughly fleshed out. And they expect to pay for that new BD player at half or more of the price then they did for their first BD player. AND THEY KNEW THAT!

If that's the case then it's not the $300 that bothers me, it's the $900+ for 3 standalones. :p

I said it on AVS--price is holding back HDM adoption not this format war.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)