Is my Arris - MO3600M Compatible with The Logictec Harmony Remote

MrPat

Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Sanford Fl
I want to buy an activity based programmable remote to control all my devices. I am thinking of Logitec's remotes, but when I check compatibility of my Arris MO3600M enhanced DVR, the site says
We were unable to find a match for arris MO3600M ; however we did find a similar device: the DCX3600M

Will the Logictec remote work with my DVR?

If your DVR uses an IR remote (not an RF remote), then it's almost a given that a Harmony remote will work with it. However, finding the right device in that database sometimes can be a challenge. You just need to try various options and see which one works best for you. As a last resort you can always "learn" IR commands from your existing remote and customize the button mapping as you wish.

Harmony database is created by users. The good news is that almost any imaginable IR controlled device in the world gets added to it, and often even before the device is officially released. The bad news is that you are relying on some other users to properly learn and map all the commands and to name the device correctly. Often times the same device is listed in the database more than once and with slightly different button mapping. It can be very frustrating. Logitech's technical support is doing its best trying to sort out through all this mess, but they can't possibly test and verify every device available out there.

My DVR is an IR device, but my Roku a RF device. Harmony says it can control the Roku so it will control rf devices. How about my specific DVR model? It must be a DVR made for Brighthouse since I can't get results when I Google the model number. I don't want to buy a universal remote that will not control the Brighthouse DVR.

All Roku models (except for the Streaming Stick I believe) can be controlled by an IR remote, so any Harmony remote would work fine. As I explained above, you shouldn't have a problem with your DVR. But if you want to be absolutely sure, give Logitech a call.

And just to clarify: Harmony remotes can only control IR devices, not RF devices. Even the RF models like Harmony Ultimate use RF frequency to communicate to the base, but not to control RF devices. Fortunately most devices that come with RF remotes can also be controlled with IR remotes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)