Is satellite/cabletv/ota a decent job market?

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I was thinking about this the other day. I knwo a fair amount on video here and there and would like to make more money (actually a new job would be nice) would setting up say dishes of OTA and FTA look good for some companies? (obviously I'm not going to tinker with dish,direct and cable because they own the equipment and I'm not authorized)

Anyone work in the trade itself if it's decent?

I've had moments of wanting to pay someone to setup my toriadol.. though I'm not sure how much people would be willing to spend on setting up OTA or FTA.. I doubt most would want to spend the dough if they are going for freebie services..

I just don't know..

There arent many who do FTA so it could be a tidy profit depending on where you go. Some area's this would have been a bigger profit years ago such as the metro Detroit area with its heavy population of middle eastern community or Ann Arbor Michigan because it had a sizeable amount of Chinese students but now that Dish is offering many of the stations from the middle east and the satellite provider that had Chinese programming on free shut down service Dish is going to make it hard atleast for these two markets.

I would say that your best bet is to get on with either Dish as an inhouse or with a sub or to go with a Directv sub, its not hard but the workload will be with Dish as they are trying desperately to take over the number one position and will do what ever it takes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)