Is the 922 free yet?

Took the plunge today from my 722k to the 922. They told me install was free since I added the protection plan, the last person I spoke to told me t here was a $40 install fee with the plan and $95 without, anyhow, my only cost was the $200, install set for next saturday.

Took the plunge today from my 722k to the 922. They told me install was free since I added the protection plan, the last person I spoke to told me t here was a $40 install fee with the plan and $95 without, anyhow, my only cost was the $200, install set for next saturday.
Nothing has changed or so it seems, depending on your ratings installations can be free, but contrary to some reports at DBS it seems no one is getting the 922 for under 200 bucks....yet....

I got mine a week ago for $200. So far, I LOVE it. I love the modern look, the sling has been awesome. I've accessed it on each computer in my home, my work computer, my android and my ipad all with no issues. I had the bizarre guide glitch where I couldn't search for a day..anyway as far as I know it's still $200, and worth it IMO :D

Got mine installed on Saturday, so far it works great! It was the tech's first install, but he did a good job, a few snafu's but got it up and running. I have had no problems with access via phone or internet, had not issues, let the system populate overnight before setting my timers, connected my backed up 722 EHD drive and all worked well, i can watch my shows, can't figure out though how to transfer them back to the 922, is that possible?

Got mine installed on Saturday, so far it works great! It was the tech's first install, but he did a good job, a few snafu's but got it up and running. I have had no problems with access via phone or internet, had not issues, let the system populate overnight before setting my timers, connected my backed up 722 EHD drive and all worked well, i can watch my shows, can't figure out though how to transfer them back to the 922, is that possible?
This might be what your looking for, menu, my media transfer, with EHD connected.

Do I understand this right, the EHD support on the 922 reads a 722(not K) EHD? That will help me out if I were to upgrade, I have shows on the 722 for my little one & if they can be moved to the 922, that's great!!!

Do I understand this right, the EHD support on the 922 reads a 722(not K) EHD? That will help me out if I were to upgrade, I have shows on the 722 for my little one & if they can be moved to the 922, that's great!!!

I just went to a 922 and it read my 622 EHD and recordings no problem.

-Mike

They have to all be on the same account. EHDs can move between ViP622, ViP722, ViP722k and ViP922 DVRs, working with all of them, sharing and moving programs around. So long as all are on the same account.

Nothing has changed or so it seems, depending on your ratings installations can be free, but contrary to some reports at DBS it seems no one is getting the 922 for under 200 bucks....yet....

New info, I'm having one installed on one of my accounts on Sunday for $100 (replacing a 622). So it seems that they are available for some for $100 now...

lakebum431 said:
New info, I'm having one installed on one of my accounts on Sunday for $100 (replacing a 622). So it seems that they are available for some for $100 now...

I knew this would happen as soon as I got a sling. It always happens like this :/

Not sure what the magic is that gets the $100 deal, but it has to be something on your account (maybe length of service without an upgrade or something?) because when I got it on one of my accounts I didn't really even ask for it (or expect it) they just offered when I asked what the price was to change a 622 to a 922.

I got a chance to mess with the 922 at a customers house the other day....I regret buying my sling adapter.

The 922 is something you just have to experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)