Is the 922 free yet?

Frank7004 said:
I got a chance to mess with the 922 at a customers house the other day....I regret buying my sling adapter.

The 922 is something you just have to experience.

Really glad I've had one for almost a year

I love my 922 over the 722 any day of the week. I didnt even mind paying the $200. The thing that is going to p*ss me off, it either if they start giving these things away for free in a month, or when my 922 becomes outdated someday, and they try to soak me for another "fee" to upgrade again down the road.

I think the $200 should be more of a deposit, rather than something that I just lose once i choose to give up the box.

I love my 922 over the 722 any day of the week. I didnt even mind paying the $200. The thing that is going to p*ss me off, it either if they start giving these things away for free in a month, or when my 922 becomes outdated someday, and they try to soak me for another "fee" to upgrade again down the road.

I think the $200 should be more of a deposit, rather than something that I just lose once i choose to give up the box.

I dont think it will ever be free. At least for awhile....

I got a chance to mess with the 922 at a customers house the other day....I regret buying my sling adapter.

The 922 is something you just have to experience.

Don't tell me that. I don't want to spend the money! :up ;)

hawker152 said:
Really glad I've had one for almost a year

April 8th marks the 1 year anniversary that I got mine. Makes me all giddy inside. Never a problem with the receiver. Other than when s/w breaks it. ;)

My 922 is being installed tomorrow morning! $200 + $50 for the OTA module, but install is free. I am sure that the price will come down sometime, but from everything I have read, it is truly state-of-the-art technology. So I don't mind paying for that.

Yep, I just signed with dish for 2 years....Have a whole house setup and the 922 being installed....Sure hope the sling part works 99% of the time!!!!!

It can be gotten for free, mine was free of all charges. I am sure it depends on your programming your years of service, protection package length etc.

When my family started with dish in the late 90's we always had the basic crappy receiver offered.
I remember having the big bulky receivers that reminded me of the days rain would cause the signal to fade easily.
Before the 922 my first DVR was a 625, sold it and got a 222k for HD and kept that receiver for two years.

Now I got a 922 and damn! Its worth the extra $10bucks a month :D
I love the media function for PlayOn
the UI is amazing compared to the crap that the 222k offered

to me, It was well worth the 200 bucks because it just made me fall in love with tv all over again, infact I use it so much I had to get an extra 211k so dad could watch tv while I used the 922 for recordings/remote viewing.

He is enjoying the 211k, he just wants to find a cheap hard drive to activate EHD since the only one we have is 1.5tb and its over the limit :(

The 1.5tb is serving the 922 24/7 in case its internal hard drive fails :rolleyes:

Don't count on this one EVER going to be a free giveaway, just as the 721 was never free, either. I would expect the follow-up to the 922 to be either a much cheaper upgrade or possibly free. The 922 is a Power User product, and DISH never offers those for FREE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)