Is there a way around phone fee?

Space Signal

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I currently don't have a landline phone just dsl & no voip. Will the ethernet work on the dish dvr to dial out. Is the only way with a phone line?

There is talk of a broadband alternative to the phone line. But it does not exist today. Some have luck with those VoIP services.

Never heard of a telco that only offers dsl, are you sure your not paying for a basic landline at all?

Maybe you should check around. There are several ISPs that offer naked DSL. And AT&T will be one of them this year (if they havent already rolled it out in some areas).

To have the 5 dollar phone line charge removed from your bill, call Dish and tell them that you will cancel your service if they don't remove it. Oh wait, you have to wait till hell freezes over before that one works, nope your screwed.

BTY, its not a phone line charge.

It's a phone line credit if you have it.

If you don't, you don't get the credit - read the user agreement.

removed the fEE!

Oops on that last reply,

I'm a dish network isntaller,

It was a few weeks ago I went out to an unhappy customer who was getting charged the 5.00 dollars per month when she in fact had a phone line connected to the rcvr and it was an active line (checked with telephone)

I called dish and the support tech concluded with me that the modem was in fact bad in the rcvr, but rather then return or replace a perfectly good rcvr they would just remove the 5.00 monthy;

and told me to inform the customer not to worry and there would no longer be an additonal charge on her bill. I in fact have returned to her home for other issues with her service and she said that there was no longer a "additional outlet prog fee" and that dish had removed the additional charge.

Just one example that it is possible for them to remove the charge, and this is the only instance where I have heard a positive in trying to have it removed. Let me know if anyone else knows any other time, or way to have it removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)