Is This Lnb Heat Sensitive Or Bad

shantkhullar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
10 am to 6 pm signal does not lock

i am having problems in locking signal and keeping it locked ,i loose signal every few seconds off and on(errors #15 # 002 ) between 10 am & 6pm (works fine during night /early mornings) i have a jvc 1000 reciever (one of the first)i am on satelite 61.5 west, transponder 12 & 18 ,channel 624 & 614.
i have replaced the lnb, connectors,some wires, can somebody advise if the reiever is bad, are their any moving parts/ or a clock inside reciever--- why does it happen from 10 am to 6 pm. signal comes & goes never locks & stays locked.
what are symptoms of a reciever going bad ??
pl. note there are no trees,building or any obstruction blocking the satelite signal.

what signal levels are you getting at the problem times and also when it is working fine?
It could be the reciever, I had a similar issue a few weeks back where the signal would jump between 0 and 100 at different times of the day. It was on an older reciever as well, something like a 3000 im pretty sure.

It could also be a LNB going bad because of heat during the day. What kind of LNB do you have? There are some bad Twins out there that cause heat related problems.

during day signal on 61.5 west at 06 transponder is highest 60
on other transponders 12,18 it is 40 -46

i replaced the lnb

yes during the day signal fluctuates between 0 and 60 , i am in miami and right this moment there are light clouds (moving) with sunshine but signal goes and comes sun or no sun cloud or not cloud, however after 6pm its locked solid at 60-70

signal strength 0-60 during day time(does not lock) and 65 locked at night/dawn

40_oz said:
what signal levels are you getting at the problem times and also when it is working fine?
It could be the reciever, I had a similar issue a few weeks back where the signal would jump between 0 and 100 at different times of the day. It was on an older reciever as well, something like a 3000 im pretty sure.
yes during the day signal fluctuates between 0 and 60 , i am in miami and right this moment there are light clouds (moving) with sunshine but signal goes and comes sun or no sun cloud or not cloud, however after 6pm its locked solid at 60-70

Iceberg said:
if he is at 61.5, it may not be a twin..maybe a dual :)
it is single lnb,i thought it could be lnb, so i replaced the lnb ,temperature is 77 degrees outside, scattered clouds ,light breeze in miami

dfergie said:
Is the receiver located where it gets plenty of ventilation?
reciever is in the same place for 7 years, ventilation is open on top of tv,it is little warm to touch, is that normal ???there are no vents on top only on the side of reciever

60 seems a little low....normally on the old receivers a solid signal is between 75-85

did you try to tweak the dish? (move it a little bit to see if the signal changes?)

Iceberg said:
what signal strengths do you get on TP11 & 12 (or an odd and even)

how do i find tp 11 & 12 ??
i have single lnb ,basic set up--no external switches or anything.
signal during day is 0-60-- constantly up and down
during night 50-65 fixed
strongest signal is on 61.5 west, transponder 06 (signal at 60 plus) but i need strength on transponder 12 / 18 . dish cs tells me transponders dont matter.

RandallA said:
It could also be a LNB going bad because of heat during the day. What kind of LNB do you have? There are some bad Twins out there that cause heat related problems.
i thought of heat issue, but right now it is 77 degrees outside,problem starts around 10 am when it is not that hot and same pattern continues day long, it behaves as if someone else is controlling my satelite and after 6 pm they go home.

Please Advise If This=

Digital Lnbf 123470966 Lot 174
Made In Usa
Dish Network Logo

Is This Bad Or Heat Sensitive Or Has Any Other Problem???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)