Issues with 722's remote control for TV2

ajm80031

Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Denver
I just got a 722k DVR. I've found that, when the Sony PlayStation 3 that is connected to the main TV is in use, the TV2 remote no longer functions. I'm assuming that the PS3, which has wireless controllers and uses wifi to connect to my home network, is interfering with the UHF signal from the remote control.

The 722's manual suggests relocating the UHF remote antenna by using a piece of coax between the antenna and the receiver. I scrounged up a 12' piece of coax and a coupler and tried it, placing the antenna as far from the PS3 as the coax would allow me. When I tested it I found that now the TV2 remote wouldn't work at all, whether the PS3 was on or not. Has anyone else relocated the remote antenna like this and gotten it to work?

I'm also curious if anyone else has run into this problem previously and knows which aspect of the PS3 (the wireless controllers or the wifi network connection) is actually causing the problem. If necessary I can run an ethernet cable to the PS3 so that I can shut down the wifi, but that's going to be rather a bit of work and so I'd like some assurance that will help before embarking on that solution.

I doubt the PS3 does anything at all to interfere with UHF Pro. I know my PS3 never interferes with either of my 722k's. Any wireless that the PS3 uses is in the 2.4GHz range whereas UHF Pro operates in the 369.5MHz range.

My only guess is that maybe TV1 is connected via HDMI and HDMI could be causing some sort of problem. Either that or your UHF pro reception is marginal in the first place in which case the oddest thing can make UHF reception impossible.

Take a regular cable solitude and put 6 inch piece of cable on the 2 out ports and take the line that runs into ur home distro port on the 722 and put it in the one in port. Hook one of the pieces of cable on the splurged and screw that back on the home distro. Now take off the UHF antenna and screw the other cable in where the antenna used to be. Now get another 2 way spliter and screw the UHF antenna into the one of the out ports then take ur tv 2 line off the tv and screw that into the other out port. Take another small piece of coax and screw into the in on the splitter and then the other end into the tv and it should work fine