Jadeworld package, language choice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevin19

Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
I'm not sure how to phrase this question, but here goes.

It has less to do with getting the Jadeworld channels than a language issue.

Most of the Jadeworld channels are broadcast in Cantonese. I know that 453, the movie channel, at the beginning of some, if not all movies, displays a message that the movie is available bilingually in both Cantonese and Mandarin. The movies as is come in in Cantonese, but I'd like to watch them in Mandarin...

Is this possible? I know that tvs can switch between English and Spanish when available. I'm sure my tv doesn't have the Cantonese and mandarin option, but is there a third party box I can pick up that'll do the same trick?

This is something DirecTV has to do. They need to transmit a second audio track for you. You need to contact DirecTV to ask them to carry the alternate audio channel when available. The problem as always is bandwidth. Audio channels take up space that DirecTV may not be willing to use.

See ya
Tony

no, we dont charge extra. But only certin channels carry the alt audio tracks.... They also feature Madarindirect, which is 11.99 a month and comes with phoenixtv and phoenix infonews. Maybe you might be intrestested in those, if you have any questions call the ILG at 800-378-3309, they handle all ILG calls :)

any other questions please ask!

crunkrock said:
no, we dont charge extra. But only certin channels carry the alt audio tracks.... They also feature Madarindirect, which is 11.99 a month and comes with phoenixtv and phoenix infonews. Maybe you might be intrestested in those, if you have any questions call the ILG at 800-378-3309, they handle all ILG calls :)

any other questions please ask!

Do you know if I'll need additional hardware on my end to utilize the alternate audio tracks?

kevin19 said:
Do you know if I'll need additional hardware on my end to utilize the alternate audio tracks?
Depending the type of receiver, but as long as you change the language in the menu to english, its for mandarine, if for cantonese, switch the language to chinese.

Phoenix is going to add ATV (another cantonese channel from Hong Kong) to their package, currently its in the clear, if you has the FTA dish point to G3R, you can watch, or if you already have the DTV super dish point to G3R, I think you can watch it as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts