Joey 2 and Hopper w/ Sling ?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I just did a chat with a Dish rep asking how to replace my Joey 1 with a Joey 2. I have a Hopper w/Sling and the Carbon UI and while the Hopper is fine, the Joey 1 is dog slow.... I described some of the slowness / lagginess in a different thread.

Anyway, the rep said
Joey 2.0 is compatible only with Hopper 3.
Is that right ? Or is this a "business" decision currently where they're keeping Joey 2 units for use with Hopper 3 installs ?

It's definitely not right. The Joey 2 is compatible with any version Hopper. Don't know the answer to your other question.

There really is no way to get a replacement Joey, unless you pay for an upgrade from a retailer.
Because chances are ,they are just going to send you another joey 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's definitely not right. The Joey 2 is compatible with any version Hopper. Don't know the answer to your other question.
I didn't want to come across as a know-it-all to the rep but I did respond

Hall: I don't believe that is accurate. Yes, if you get a Hopper 3, you would get a Joey 2 for the other TVs, but it works with the Hopper w/Sling as well.
Mike: That's incorrect.
Mike: Joey 2.0 is compatible only with Hopper 3.
Mike: Maybe you are referring to 4k Joey.
Mike: 4k joey is compatible with Hopper w/ sling and Hopper 3.
Mike: Our system will not accept that if we replace your Joey 1.0 to Joey 2.0.

There really is no way to get a replacement Joey, unless you pay for an upgrade from a retailer.
Because chances are ,they are just going to send you another joey 1
Yeah, I realize that's a possibility. On the other hand, if I have a tech come out (serious overkill, I know), they are likely to only have Joey 2 units, I would think.

Hall: I don't believe that is accurate. Yes, if you get a Hopper 3, you would get a Joey 2 for the other TVs, but it works with the Hopper w/Sling as well.
Mike: That's incorrect.
Mike: Joey 2.0 is compatible only with Hopper 3.
Mike: Maybe you are referring to 4k Joey.
Mike: 4k joey is compatible with Hopper w/ sling and Hopper 3.
Mike: Our system will not accept that if we replace your Joey 1.0 to Joey 2.0.
I believe that last part.

That's a strange restriction that Dish came up with. Customers today have the HWS and Joey 2 combination but Dish supplied it that way... What if someone BUYS a Joey, which turns out to be the 2.0 model to add to their account - it won't work?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Out of the 5 joeys I have in my system, 2 are Joey 2. I purchased these 2 and they were added to the account without an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)