Joey gets black screen, need to change channel or reboot hopper

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Been fighting with this ongoing problem. I have 2 joeys and for the last month every day I am restarting the hopper or changing channels while watching a show in order to get the picture back.

Called dish, they said everything looks good with hardware. They said a technician can come check my connections, but that doesn't seem necessary. Got them to send me a new hopper, but that did not solve the issue either.

Any thoughts on what to check next?

Does the Hopper always show a picture? Check the MoCA signal strength. It sounds as though it's very marginal.
Hopper seemed to always work when I loaded I up. Then I started thinking about any changes and I may have found the culprit.

I have a power conditioner with catv, satellite and antenna connections. I rewired my rack and believe that is when I connected the hopper through it. And maybe that is when the issue started. (it has been a while and I just tell my wife reboot it, so I don't remember exactly is the 2 happened at the same time)

I undid this connection Friday and I think maybe it resolved the issue as I don't recall the black screen or the need to restart the hopper yesterday. Fingers crossed that it is resolved.

Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell
Hopper seemed to always work when I loaded I up. Then I started thinking about any changes and I may have found the culprit.

I have a power conditioner with catv, satellite and antenna connections. I rewired my rack and believe that is when I connected the hopper through it. And maybe that is when the issue started. (it has been a while and I just tell my wife reboot it, so I don't remember exactly is the 2 happened at the same time)

I undid this connection Friday and I think maybe it resolved the issue as I don't recall the black screen or the need to restart the hopper yesterday. Fingers crossed that it is resolved.
That's probably it. That line From the Hub to the Hopper shouldn't be interrupted, unless by a Tap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)