Joey Remote control Questions

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have a a couple of questions about the Joey controller. I would like it to be able to control the volume on my Bose stereo system without having to press the AUX button. I have the digital audio cable from tv out going to Bose input. Joey is hooked up Hdmi to tv.

Could the main power button turn Joey, Samsung tv, and Bose on all T once?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

MENU - Settings - Remote Manager - Volume for volume controls.

Unfortunately, no way to make the power button turn on all devices at once. You'll have to use the main power button, then press the TV power button (unless your TV supports HDMI-CEC,) then press AUX, press the main power button again, then press SAT.

This drives me nuts, too. One solution is to use a multifunction remote like the ones from Logitech and have it handle the power on/off for all devices. I have one in the home theater for this very reason. In the family room for the regular TV viewing I have a Bose CineMate Series II system. I tried a Harmony remote, but the family hated it. Especially when they forget to keep it pointed at the equipment and it will inevitably not turn something on/off and they have to monkey with power buttons on the remote or use the regular equipment remote.

I PO'd that for the money you spend on Bose that they do not incorporate a sensing technology into their systems. Big dummies. They do sense/recognize when an audio signal is not present for a set time to turn the unit off, but they could easily go into a low power or standby mode and when it senses an audio signal it turns back on automatically. Then you could simply use the Dish remote power on/off to control TV and receiver with audio on as a bonus! If a person wanted to turn off the Bose system completely then they could simply use the power button method.

The Harmony remotes all have a help button that make those pesky devices that didn't turn on or off pretty easy to fix.... Of course the best of all worlds is to have the Harmony sitting on a hard or semi hard surface like a table or chair arm before selecting.....

Tuners available, starting recording still switches channels

Espn on demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)