Joeys video & audio freezing

did he swap the node out first?
because that is easier than swapping out a box.

No, didn't go near the node. Immediately swapped out the HwS - problem solved.
The 118 satellite signal was Yellow so also peaked the dish - Good.

Relatively quick and pleasant experience - I give straight "10's" :thumbup

I hear you! Not to mention the software download time, etc. I was tempted to suggest the node. But, experience has taught me to stay out of the way of experience :bow
something else swapping in a new box may mask an underlying problem for a while.
my experience is 6 years USN avionics tech, 2 years traveling sony robotics tech 4 years as an industrial electrician with a journeymans license and 2 years night shift power plant maintenance supervisor, now I work as a dish tech(this is due to the economy dumping in 08 and moving back to my home area which is its rural and this is about the only job I could find that utilized my skill sets)

something else swapping in a new box may mask an underlying problem for a while.

Not claiming to know much but, would marginal/poor MoCA levels point to a Node or splitter problem?
In my case the MoCA levels for both Joeys were full scale green.

Your resume is impressive. I'm contemplating retiring from my current position. But as you know, I would very likely walk into another job at half the salary and beni's (if any) - depressing in every respect.

(Bridging enabled)
Both Ethernet and MoCA:
DHCP Acquired: OK
Server Connection: OK
Internet Connection: OK

Noticed again this morning on the HwS TV, the Channel Guide takes about a minute to bring up.
Sometimes the Channel Guide freezes.

Tech is here, tried to run some HwS tests on screen. Very slow response. Will try a HwS swap...

Did you check wireless? If that showed ok as well, that may have been the cause. If you replaced the hws, then you most likely didn't wifi connect it, so now you are back to 1 connection, what really fixed it. Just my thoughts... Especially if you checked wifi and it said OK.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not claiming to know much but, would marginal/poor MoCA levels point to a Node or splitter problem?
In my case the MoCA levels for both Joeys were full scale green.

Your resume is impressive. I'm contemplating retiring from my current position. But as you know, I would very likely walk into another job at half the salary and beni's (if any) - depressing in every respect.
could be a cable problem saw this once moca was green but the cable had brittle semi conductor and I found that by sheer luck pulled on the main cable feeding the hopper and the connector and every thing came off with like 4 inches of center conductor still stuck to the connector.

Just an FYI - All my premise distribution coax is Belden 1694A terminated with Canare FP-C connectors - ALL coax, plugs and jacks are 3GHz sweep tested.
Ethernet is Belden 1872A CAT6e Mediatwist terminated with Panduit CJ699TP jacks - WiFi? What's that?:nana2

Everything (16 x dual coax & dual Ethernet jack locations) is homerun to a 19" rack of Panduit panels. It was professionally installed, terminated and tested, with the proper tools and test equipment (I hate chasing cable troubles). IMHO - if the trouble were anything other than the HwS, but manifests in the cabling or associated hardware (splitter, node, lnb), I would expect the trouble to persist. It doesn't :clapping

Last edited:
I'm still 99.9% certain it was two IP connections, and WiFi was connected. Both the locals issue and the sluggishness are symptoms that can be caused by Hopper instability, driven by multiple IP connections.

The tech hooked up ethernet, didn't hook up WiFi as well, because he knows multiple IP connections is a big no no. So my theory, the issue isn't persisting because you only have one IP connection.

I'd also be willing to bet if you hooked it back up to wireless, after some time the symptoms will remanifest.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

New dish network roof install. questions...

Vonage, Caller ID, and the Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts