Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

It is nice to see the SatGuys Folding Team heading upwards again.
production_day.php

Also, we should pass through the 600,000,000 Million Point Milestone sometime Sunday night or early Monday Morning!!!
:whoo:clapclap:cheer:first:cheer:clapclap:whoo

I am trying out a burn-in of a server MB before I swap it in so I made a USB Ubuntu instance to run a FAH client. Unfortunately the video card (HD 4650) isn't good enough for a GPU slot.

It looks like it might get two or three WUs before I need to make the swap.

Congratulations, ke4est, for surpassing your second million Points! Way to Fold!

If the Team can keep this pace going in another year or so we should achieve...
One-Beelyon-Points.png

Reactions: Voyager6 and KE4EST
Thanks Foxbat, trying to get another GPU going but I think the machine is just too old(4700), since it still relies a lot on the CPU.
It is taking the card but when folding CPU goes nuts.

I should take a picture sometime, the old 4700 looks funny with the eVGA GTX 960 SSC in it. It barely fit. :D

I had no clue people was still folding, I thought when it wasn't supported on the PS3 any longer it lost its mojo
Nope, a lot of old machines got too old to fold, including the PS3. Thousands still Folding @ Home

I'd still do it but my laptop is from 2010 and I highly doubt it has the power to fold. To be honest, I'm not even sure it works anymore. Collects dust under my coffee table, I use one of the 3 iPads for anything I need to do online

It will probably still fold. I have one from 2010 getting about 4K a day. Never hurts to give it a shot.

I'll try it, if anything I'll set it and just let it run 24/7. It's not like I'm tying something up I use and I'm not concerned about losing speed on the Internet

What user name did you fold under hutch? I don't see you in the list here.
...or did you fold for another team?